Orphek Osix – OR3 LED Bar iCon Smart Dim Controller Launch

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which 4 OR3's color fixtures would you guys recommend for a 3 feet SPS tank. I'll be running them along with a 4 bulb T5 Hybrid fixture running all Blue+ bulbs.

Was thinking 2 x Blue Plus, 1 x UV/Violet, and 1 x Reef Day plus OR3's.

MalteserReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there
(this is my first post lol)
What max height tanks can the LED bars be used realistically as the only illumination? How deep can they punch for an sps dominant tank? is 40” reasonable?

T.rex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , 1ch dim driver should be come soon .
So will be 6 and 1 .
Any update on the single channel dimmer? Love the color pop on my OR3 120 with my XR15s, but wish they would dim vs just turning on & off...

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the single channel dimmer? Love the color pop on my OR3 120 with my XR15s, but wish they would dim vs just turning on & off...
Hi T.Rex , The iCon dim driver for Or120 will announce in about 1-2 weeks. stock is ready.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Orphek Osix 90 OR3 Reef LED Bar PAR measuring video by Becker Reef

Orphek_Osix_90_OR3_Reef_LED_Bar_PAR_measuring .jpg

You can watch the video now or scroll down for a comprehensive understanding of why the combination of Osix 90 and Orphek OR3 90 LED Bars might just be the ultimate lighting system for SPS/LPS corals.

The aquarium​

Becker’s mixed nano reef aquarium is a 110 x 52 x 48 cm (43.3″ x 20.47″ x 18.89″) with predominant LPS corals tank.

The Orphek lighting system of his tank​

Having been thoroughly impressed by the positive feedback surrounding Orphek, he made the decision to incorporate 2 units of Orphek’s OR3 Blue Plus LED Bars + 2 units of OR3 Reef Day LED Bars + 2 units of OR3 UV/Violet LED Bars into his setup for his nano reef aquarium. 5 of the OR3 LED Bars were placed horizontally while 1 unit was placed in a small vertical angle.

These lights were expertly assembled and suspended at 36cm / 14.17″ over water, using Orphek Combo Fixing Bracket, Universal Mounting Arm & Mounting Arm Extension kits

The lighting system is seamlessly controlled and dimmed by Osix and programmed through the Orphek App.

PAR measure results​

To start, Becker measured PAR with his six Orphek OR3 LED Bars running at 100%. Check the screenshots below to see the impressive results!

PAR_measuring_Osix_90_OR3_90_combo-1536x835.jpg

Measuring_PAR_Osix_90_OR3-_90-1536x839.png

Conclusions​

The PAR readings got incredibly high results!

After conducting various PAR readings, we present them below you can see that using the combo Orphek Osix 90 + OR 90 LED Bars you will have plenty of punch to grow any type of coral as well as an ideal spread across the tank.

How can I order Osix/ OR3 LED Bars/ Orphek Mounting Solutions / Combos or each product individually?

Go to STORE to buy OR3 LED Bars/ Orphek Mounting solutions/ Combo Fixing Brackets + Universal Mounting Arm+ Extension kit in our online shop.​

(Obs.: Osix and Osix + OR3 Combo is not currently available in our online shop)

Go to CONTACT to buy Osix and Osix Combo​

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an easy way to reduce the overall intensity of the channels in the Helius program? Can we lower all defaults simply or do we have to reduce each time point. For instance, the basic Helius program is set to a max of 80% intensity, can we lower all the time points by 20% as a group?

Thanks.

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an easy way to reduce the overall intensity of the channels in the Helius program? Can we lower all defaults simply or do we have to reduce each time point. For instance, the basic Helius program is set to a max of 80% intensity, can we lower all the time points by 20% as a group?

Thanks.
Not sure if this helps, but you can increase or decrease the overall by using 2 fingers and adjusting up or down

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back