Orphek Osix – OR3 LED Bar iCon Smart Dim Controller Launch

Poli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lighting is good but not great this is great. So hope I win.

Orphek officially announces today the launching of Osix – The OR3 Bar iCon Smart Dim Controller!​

Osix is a smart device with iCon technology that allows you to program, control, monitor and dim your OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars; and integrate them with all Orphek iCon LED solutions.​

The game changer.

ONE SMART DEVICE THAT WILL CHANGE FOREVER THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN REEFING!

Orphek groundbreaking 10,000% dimming and 24h programming technology for coral health, growth, color, spawning and biological clock correction.

BEST SPECTRUM BY DAY + REAL NATURAL MOONLIGHT BY NIGHT:

• Osix ables you to get the best spectrum created by Orphek during the day with 1 – 100% dimming range.
  • Osix ables you to combine it with Orphek’s moonlight spectrum during the night with 10,000% (0.01 to 1%) dimming range.
Orphek icon app

Understand how Osix 10,000% dimming system is important for optimal coral growth coloration and health.

Osix + 6 OR3 120 at Lunar mode 0.06%

* Osix + 6 OR3 120 at Lunar mode 0.06% photo credit: Maxime Maire Orphek Facebook group
Like most living creatures, coral and fish need a dark period to rest. According to research corals must receive a period of darkness to achieve an optimal coral growth coloration and health.

Ordinary dim systems offer you a 1% to 100% dim range. This is appropriated for day time, but not for night time.

WHAT ABOUT ONE BLUE LED FOR MOON CYCLE?

For starters, the Moon spectrum is not blue. It reflects visible light emitted by the sun, so it is a full spectrum.

Second, the 1 – 100% dim range of one blue LED only for night and moon cycles is not suitable, because this single LED still creates photosynthetic activity.

During a Moon Cycle, for each phase of the Moon, this one LED start progressively to increase its PAR – First day – 1%, second day – 2%… and on the 15th day, at full moon, it will reach a peak of 15%.

It means that these corals in captive environments will continuously be in photosynthetic activity, generating residual energy inside of them. It also means that this 1 LED that work at night with 0 – 100% dim system of light will continuously disturb your fish’s circadian rhythm and all biological clocks of the marine creatures in your tank. Read More : The Secret of Orphek iCon Lunar cycle program and advanced 10,000% dimming control

ORPHEK’S APPROACH

While relying on decades of academic research, Orphek R&D Teams developed and engineered the the One and Only Real Moon Cycle in LED Reef lighting Solutions reproducing Nature at its fullest.

orphek-osix-controller-or3

How Osix is changing the game.

• Osix allows you to correct biological clocks; create optimal environment for coral spawning; while getting the best spectrum for coral health, growth and color pop.
  • Osix allows you to use Orphek 10,000% dimming technology for Moon cycle.
  • Osix allows you to program dimming progression 24Hs a year round mimicking Nature.
  • Osix allows you to choose in what channels you will run your moonlight cycle for full customization!
osix-reef-led-controller-what-in-the-box-JPG.jpg

Groundbreaking Technologies.

ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

Osix Offers The Most Sophiticated Integration:

• Combine up to 6 Orphek LED Bars to create your fixture.
  • Combine and group all your Orphek iCon solutions to control, monitor, program and dim with Orphek awesome App. (full integration with Atlantik iCon series / Amazonas 960 iCon/ OR3 LED Bars).
Osix Has Automatic Updates:

• Firmware
  • Programs
Orphek Osix reef aquarium led lighting

*photo credit: Maxime Maire Orphek Facebook group

UPGRADE

Promotion Discount Up To 50% OFF

UPGRADING YOUR OR LED BARS:​

With the launch of Osix smart device the Orphek LED Bars became upgradable!​

Clients owning previous versions of Orphek OR LED Bars wishing to upgrade them to get iCon technology, all its awesome features and use the Orphek App, contact us today to learn what is the best cost X benefit option for you!​

Free Shipping Door to Door Air Express / DHL, UPS and Fedex + Free Transfer Fee (PayPal, Credit Card).

Read more: https://orphek.com/orphek-osix-or3-led-bar-icon-smart-dim-controller-launch/

Richsoar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need new lights, can't buy T20s anymore, system looks like it would do the trick. Plus it would be an venture into controllable LEDs

EmusJames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry:

That has got to be some of the easiest controls I have seen in awhile. I need some new lights, but these would be gamechangers!

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly starting my return to reefing after 12 years, winning these this would help out so much! At least it would stop the debate in my head about which lights to go with. Tanks I have, sump I am building lights and skimmer are needed.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry:

I’ve struggled to find a light that works over a 36”x36” footprint and have decided that light bars are what I’m going to need to cover the tank. With the new osix controller these lights would work well for my tank.

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone fed up with my 6 radions, I'd love the chance to try these instead... and I especially love the ability to not have to use 6 sockets just for my lights!

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone fed up with my 6 radions, I'd love the chance to try these instead... and I especially love the ability to not have to use 6 sockets just for my lights!
Is it bad I didnt think of that? LOL, Three Hydra 32 cables stuffed into mine like a rats nest.

AhmedV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR3 has been the only light I've ever used. It was difficult choosing a light for my reef tank as I was new to the hobby and the choices are overwhelming, but I do not regret the decision to go with Orphek, not one bit. I hope to win so that I can add more amazing color to my reef tank with more LED bars and also be able to control these awesome lights!

Reefing102begal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 25%
1   3   0

Orphek officially announces today the launching of Osix – The OR3 Bar iCon Smart Dim Controller!​

Osix is a smart device with iCon technology that allows you to program, control, monitor and dim your OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars; and integrate them with all Orphek iCon LED solutions.​

The game changer.

Orphek groundbreaking 10,000% dimming and 24h programming technology for coral health, growth, color, spawning and biological clock correction.

• Osix ables you to get the best spectrum created by Orphek during the day with 1 – 100% dimming range.
  • Osix ables you to combine it with Orphek’s moonlight spectrum during the night with 10,000% (0.01 to 1%) dimming range.
Orphek icon app

Understand how Osix 10,000% dimming system is important for optimal coral growth coloration and health.

* Osix + 6 OR3 120 at Lunar mode 0.06% photo credit: Maxime Maire Orphek Facebook group
Like most living creatures, coral and fish need a dark period to rest. According to research corals must receive a period of darkness to achieve an optimal coral growth coloration and health.

Ordinary dim systems offer you a 1% to 100% dim range. This is appropriated for day time, but not for night time.

For starters, the Moon spectrum is not blue. It reflects visible light emitted by the sun, so it is a full spectrum.

Second, the 1 – 100% dim range of one blue LED only for night and moon cycles is not suitable, because this single LED still creates photosynthetic activity.

During a Moon Cycle, for each phase of the Moon, this one LED start progressively to increase its PAR – First day – 1%, second day – 2%… and on the 15th day, at full moon, it will reach a peak of 15%.

It means that these corals in captive environments will continuously be in photosynthetic activity, generating residual energy inside of them. It also means that this 1 LED that work at night with 0 – 100% dim system of light will continuously disturb your fish’s circadian rhythm and all biological clocks of the marine creatures in your tank. Read More : The Secret of Orphek iCon Lunar cycle program and advanced 10,000% dimming control

ORPHEK’S APPROACH

While relying on decades of academic research, Orphek R&D Teams developed and engineered the the One and Only Real Moon Cycle in LED Reef lighting Solutions reproducing Nature at its fullest.

• Osix allows you to correct biological clocks; create optimal environment for coral spawning; while getting the best spectrum for coral health, growth and color pop.
  • Osix allows you to program dimming progression 24Hs a year round mimicking Nature.
  • Osix allows you to choose in what channels you will run your moonlight cycle for full customization!

ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

• Combine and group all your Orphek iCon solutions to control, monitor, program and dim with Orphek awesome App. (full integration with Atlantik iCon series / Amazonas 960 iCon/ OR3 LED Bars).

• Firmware
  • Programs

UPGRADE

Clients owning previous versions of Orphek OR LED Bars wishing to upgrade them to get iCon technology, all its awesome features and use the Orphek App, contact us today to learn what is the best cost X benefit option for you!​

Free Shipping Door to Door Air Express / DHL, UPS and Fedex + Free Transfer Fee (PayPal, Credit Card).

Read more: https://orphek.com/orphek-osix-or3-led-bar-icon-smart-dim-controller-launch/

I would love to win these lights and controller!! Im college student with a 55 gallon mixed reef and using 2 amazon lights, this would be a dream. Official Entry!!!

bhobb40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The game changer.

Orphek icon app

ORPHEK’S APPROACH

ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

• Firmware
  • Programs

UPGRADE

Love your OR3 products. I have multiple. Only reason I don’t have more is they aren’t controllable until now. Would love to get more and the Osix!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back