Orphek Osix – OR3 LED Bar iCon Smart Dim Controller Launch

EdwinKrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Orphek officially announces today the launching of Osix – The OR3 Bar iCon Smart Dim Controller!​

Osix is a smart device with iCon technology that allows you to program, control, monitor and dim your OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars; and integrate them with all Orphek iCon LED solutions.​

The game changer.

ONE SMART DEVICE THAT WILL CHANGE FOREVER THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN REEFING!

Orphek groundbreaking 10,000% dimming and 24h programming technology for coral health, growth, color, spawning and biological clock correction.

BEST SPECTRUM BY DAY + REAL NATURAL MOONLIGHT BY NIGHT:

• Osix ables you to get the best spectrum created by Orphek during the day with 1 – 100% dimming range.
  • Osix ables you to combine it with Orphek’s moonlight spectrum during the night with 10,000% (0.01 to 1%) dimming range.
Orphek icon app

Understand how Osix 10,000% dimming system is important for optimal coral growth coloration and health.

Osix + 6 OR3 120 at Lunar mode 0.06%

* Osix + 6 OR3 120 at Lunar mode 0.06% photo credit: Maxime Maire Orphek Facebook group
Like most living creatures, coral and fish need a dark period to rest. According to research corals must receive a period of darkness to achieve an optimal coral growth coloration and health.

Ordinary dim systems offer you a 1% to 100% dim range. This is appropriated for day time, but not for night time.

WHAT ABOUT ONE BLUE LED FOR MOON CYCLE?

For starters, the Moon spectrum is not blue. It reflects visible light emitted by the sun, so it is a full spectrum.

Second, the 1 – 100% dim range of one blue LED only for night and moon cycles is not suitable, because this single LED still creates photosynthetic activity.

During a Moon Cycle, for each phase of the Moon, this one LED start progressively to increase its PAR – First day – 1%, second day – 2%… and on the 15th day, at full moon, it will reach a peak of 15%.

It means that these corals in captive environments will continuously be in photosynthetic activity, generating residual energy inside of them. It also means that this 1 LED that work at night with 0 – 100% dim system of light will continuously disturb your fish’s circadian rhythm and all biological clocks of the marine creatures in your tank. Read More : The Secret of Orphek iCon Lunar cycle program and advanced 10,000% dimming control

ORPHEK’S APPROACH

While relying on decades of academic research, Orphek R&D Teams developed and engineered the the One and Only Real Moon Cycle in LED Reef lighting Solutions reproducing Nature at its fullest.

orphek-osix-controller-or3

How Osix is changing the game.

• Osix allows you to correct biological clocks; create optimal environment for coral spawning; while getting the best spectrum for coral health, growth and color pop.
  • Osix allows you to use Orphek 10,000% dimming technology for Moon cycle.
  • Osix allows you to program dimming progression 24Hs a year round mimicking Nature.
  • Osix allows you to choose in what channels you will run your moonlight cycle for full customization!
osix-reef-led-controller-what-in-the-box-JPG.jpg

Groundbreaking Technologies.

ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

Osix Offers The Most Sophiticated Integration:

• Combine up to 6 Orphek LED Bars to create your fixture.
  • Combine and group all your Orphek iCon solutions to control, monitor, program and dim with Orphek awesome App. (full integration with Atlantik iCon series / Amazonas 960 iCon/ OR3 LED Bars).
Osix Has Automatic Updates:

• Firmware
  • Programs
Orphek Osix reef aquarium led lighting

*photo credit: Maxime Maire Orphek Facebook group

UPGRADE

Promotion Discount Up To 50% OFF

UPGRADING YOUR OR LED BARS:​

With the launch of Osix smart device the Orphek LED Bars became upgradable!​

Clients owning previous versions of Orphek OR LED Bars wishing to upgrade them to get iCon technology, all its awesome features and use the Orphek App, contact us today to learn what is the best cost X benefit option for you!​

Free Shipping Door to Door Air Express / DHL, UPS and Fedex + Free Transfer Fee (PayPal, Credit Card).

Read more: https://orphek.com/orphek-osix-or3-led-bar-icon-smart-dim-controller-launch/

Ive been wanting to try out orphek lights for a while and experience sone quality product but its not available in my country, i hope i win something!

Acroyear61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just seen the single bars and was very impressed, I hope I win.

ReefAtlas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These would make a great addition to my Orphek icons and allow better front to back coverage. The ability to dim these in sync with the icons would be excellent. I have seen the blue plus bars in person and they are very nice.

Missro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to put this on a new build we are doing. Very Interested in the moon cycle and how that would improve corals. Would want to Compare tanks once the tank was established vs our t5s.

Last edited:

acrojunkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Orphek officially announces today the launching of Osix – The OR3 Bar iCon Smart Dim Controller!​

Osix is a smart device with iCon technology that allows you to program, control, monitor and dim your OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars; and integrate them with all Orphek iCon LED solutions.​

The game changer.

Orphek groundbreaking 10,000% dimming and 24h programming technology for coral health, growth, color, spawning and biological clock correction.

• Osix ables you to get the best spectrum created by Orphek during the day with 1 – 100% dimming range.
  • Osix ables you to combine it with Orphek’s moonlight spectrum during the night with 10,000% (0.01 to 1%) dimming range.
Orphek icon app

Understand how Osix 10,000% dimming system is important for optimal coral growth coloration and health.

* Osix + 6 OR3 120 at Lunar mode 0.06% photo credit: Maxime Maire Orphek Facebook group
Like most living creatures, coral and fish need a dark period to rest. According to research corals must receive a period of darkness to achieve an optimal coral growth coloration and health.

Ordinary dim systems offer you a 1% to 100% dim range. This is appropriated for day time, but not for night time.

For starters, the Moon spectrum is not blue. It reflects visible light emitted by the sun, so it is a full spectrum.

Second, the 1 – 100% dim range of one blue LED only for night and moon cycles is not suitable, because this single LED still creates photosynthetic activity.

During a Moon Cycle, for each phase of the Moon, this one LED start progressively to increase its PAR – First day – 1%, second day – 2%… and on the 15th day, at full moon, it will reach a peak of 15%.

It means that these corals in captive environments will continuously be in photosynthetic activity, generating residual energy inside of them. It also means that this 1 LED that work at night with 0 – 100% dim system of light will continuously disturb your fish’s circadian rhythm and all biological clocks of the marine creatures in your tank. Read More : The Secret of Orphek iCon Lunar cycle program and advanced 10,000% dimming control

ORPHEK’S APPROACH

While relying on decades of academic research, Orphek R&D Teams developed and engineered the the One and Only Real Moon Cycle in LED Reef lighting Solutions reproducing Nature at its fullest.

• Osix allows you to correct biological clocks; create optimal environment for coral spawning; while getting the best spectrum for coral health, growth and color pop.
  • Osix allows you to program dimming progression 24Hs a year round mimicking Nature.
  • Osix allows you to choose in what channels you will run your moonlight cycle for full customization!

ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

• Combine and group all your Orphek iCon solutions to control, monitor, program and dim with Orphek awesome App. (full integration with Atlantik iCon series / Amazonas 960 iCon/ OR3 LED Bars).

• Firmware
  • Programs

UPGRADE

Clients owning previous versions of Orphek OR LED Bars wishing to upgrade them to get iCon technology, all its awesome features and use the Orphek App, contact us today to learn what is the best cost X benefit option for you!​

Free Shipping Door to Door Air Express / DHL, UPS and Fedex + Free Transfer Fee (PayPal, Credit Card).

Read more: https://orphek.com/orphek-osix-or3-led-bar-icon-smart-dim-controller-launch/

I recently recieved my six OR3 120 bars and OSix system and really like the lights so far. The mounting systems and instructions could use a bit of improvement along with the app. Overall I am impressed with the even par and colors of these bars.

FlowGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two or90's on the outside of my t5 fixture for my spread and have only seen good things since I have added them on. Only thing I don't like for my application was the placement of the power box on the cord. Other than that super happy with mine

1680471271231.png

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The game changer.

Orphek icon app

ORPHEK’S APPROACH

ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

• Firmware
  • Programs

UPGRADE

I have 2 of the Osix controllers running 12x4ft bars. My only issue so far is ...they should warn people that the preprogrammed moonlight that comes on at 8PM will override your programed main lighting schedule unless you turn off moon light or change the time on it... I had to email their support to find out why my main lighting schedule was dropping out and going to moonlight right at 8PM every night.
Other than that...these seem great.

Fasthandsslowmind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to change out my AI Blades on my 70” Cade peninsula with OR3 bars. I wonder if 6 x 60” bars would suffice?

Also, seems like the new Osix controller isn’t compatible with the longest bars, only up to the 120s. Is that true?

wccbr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to win too! I'm currently using an AquaticLife T5 hybrid with a single Kessil A360. I'd appreciate not needing to change the T5 bulbs, would love to see how the simulated moon cycle would affect my tank and I'm sure I would get better/more uniform light coverage.

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Orphek Icons and 4 x 60 inch OR3 bars so of course I'd love to control the 4 OR3 bars the same way as with the Icons. I'm officially entered in the contest....hopefully!!!

20230219_134112.jpg

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would love to win a set of these lights because I feel they would be a great upgrade for my current t5 redsea led hybrid! I would love to just have one plug and one controller for my entire lighting on my 120! Game changer in.my opinion!

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to win so that we can finally upgrade our lights over our black widow anemone tank! Hopefully enhance the growth on them

PSUolive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope to win so that I can get higher quality and more even spread of light in my tank instead of multiple blackbox lights that I currently use.

MatteoDunno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to win these lights. The technology is amazing! and my current lights aren't cutting it and have a lot of shading.

salt creap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

orphek osix dim controller for OR3 reef LED bar .jpg

The game changer.

icon-app-dimming.jpg

Orphek Osix or3 reef aquarium .jpeg

ORPHEK’S APPROACH

orphek-osix-controller-or3.jpg

ONLY WE CAN DO IT!

• Firmware
  • Programs
osix-or3-reef-aquarium-led-lighting.jpeg

UPGRADE

im so very pumped about the new bars and controller! I dont have the money to get them, need an upgrade in lighting, and have the perfect spot!
I love to reef, its my life!

willstruck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to win an Orphek light bar because It would allow me to finally have enough light spread and par for SPS.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.2%
Back