Orphek vs Reef Breeders for ATI T5 supplementation

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to supplement the light on my 60" ATI fixture with an LED strip. Hoping to add some blue/UV, and also kinda block part of the glare from the T5 bulbs when I sit in my chair :D .

Are the Orphek's or Reef Breeders comparable? Is one easier to mount to the ATI T5?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the "high octane" RB strips and honestly, they leave a Lot to be desired. At 100% they are really weak compared to orphek strips. They really are more suitable for helping Pop colors on your coral, then adding additional PAR.

All in all, I wouldn't buy them again.

Xrayguy25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the "high octane" RB strips and honestly, they leave a Lot to be desired. At 100% they are really weak compared to orphek strips. They really are more suitable for helping Pop colors on your coral, then adding additional PAR.

All in all, I wouldn't buy them again.
Good to know!! Thanks

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Orphek strips and I have not received it yet but just bought their OXIS controller it will allow you to control up to 6 bars of the same length. If you hurry they are still offering their new item sale price and free shipping

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably just go with 470nm bars from aliexpress if it is just to add the blue and pop to the corals. They are just too good of a deal. I think all bars will require you to drill into the ati fixture to mount unfortunately (hopefully im wrong there)

Back