OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a different note, when ever you have the chance I would look into auto dosers to help you save some time. By the way hours do you like the natural sunlight?

Yea That's on the list next, I will also be setting up my Apex, I also have to work on my supplementation led lighting.

I love the look of the natural light, it's like I'm snorkeling in my house all the time.

What the natural light save in electric is amazing. our electric bill is about 50% less and our central A/C doesn't need to work nearly as hard.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build! I dream of a sunlit aquarium. Perhaps one day it will manifest into reality.

Positive energy out to your wife and family. I have known of people recovering from stage 4, so never give up hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

seth&angelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your wife has a very speedy recovery! Love the tank. How do you like the color? Do you plan on ever adding any LEDs or actinics to enhance coral color? Does the sun tubes put out any heat?

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your wife has a very speedy recovery! Love the tank. How do you like the color? Do you plan on ever adding any LEDs or actinics to enhance coral color? Does the sun tubes put out any heat?

Thank you, I hope so also! I love the color, I feel like I'm snorkeling in my living room everyday. The colors look better in person.

I do plan on adding some led lighting but more for evening viewing.
The Sun-Domes don't add any heat to the tank or the house, plus the filter out the harmful UV rays.

The savings in electric are huge from my old 150 with 3- 250 MH and 4- 6 foot VHO bulbs and chiller, about 50% less my home central air runs about 30% less now to.

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Natural sun lit tanks are EXCELLENT! It wouldn't work so well for us up north though. :( Maybe in my next house, if it is a ranch style, I can look at it as a supplemental source.

I wish you the best as well with your wife and family.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag pack from Fishnreef.com (a Reef2reef sponsor) came on Saturday, they are small, but they will grow not bad for less than $10. a frag with overnight Saturday shipping.
IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

Back