Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef

ZoaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very touching post!
If I had hope only in this world, I, too, would be of all men most miserable.
But there is a world to come after this which will not have an ending!
But a choice must be made whether to receive God's gift of grace to enter therein.

Thank you for sharing your choice.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself thinking of you often, of the pain you must still feel at Kelly's passing . . . and I pray, as best I can, that you find peace, that you find a way.

I also think of you as something of a guide, for I stand where you've stood, I walk the same trail. My own wife passed about a year and a half ago.

I find my relationship with God a bit ... rocky ... lately. Too many, too much, taken too quickly, and I will admit to having difficulty with finding faith in a benevolent Father in Heaven.

I still pray, though . . . and mark the path of your lantern in the darkness.

~Bruce, inspired to carry on one more day . . .

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself thinking of you often, of the pain you must still feel at Kelly's passing . . . and I pray, as best I can, that you find peace, that you find a way.

I also think of you as something of a guide, for I stand where you've stood, I walk the same trail. My own wife passed about a year and a half ago.

I find my relationship with God a bit ... rocky ... lately. Too many, too much, taken too quickly, and I will admit to having difficulty with finding faith in a benevolent Father in Heaven.

Bruce, sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing. The crashing waves of emotions will calm, just keep swimming.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very touching post!
If I had hope only in this world, I, too, would be of all men most miserable.
But there is a world to come after this which will not have an ending!
But a choice must be made whether to receive God's gift of grace to enter therein.

Thank you for sharing your choice.

Beautiful and amazing words. So much truth and hope found in what you have written.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Praying for you Bruce.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe, I just read all 34 pages of your thread and I wanted to make a comment.

You are a very strong and beautiful man. I grieve with you and weep with you. This thread means more to all of us than you may realize and I want to wish you the best in everything.

What you have been through, I am not sure I could. I hope you find peace and I know you will forever miss and love Kelly.

Your tank is absolutely one of my favorites and is gorgeous.

-Keith

webersole

Reefer since 2007
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe, I remember following your tank thread on the other forum and also the journey you walked with your wife. I prayed for you often. While I have since taken down my reef tank, I still from time to time, follow the forums. I came across this post and it was a joy to read what you wrote. The last year for me has been very tough, in a different way, (I was laid off from a good-paying job) but my faith is been strengthen immensely. Surrender is key.

Thank you for opening your heart. It really blessed me tonight. Keep on walking.

-Wayne

kandymann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touching testimony! I grieved for your loss as well. It bothered me to know of your wife's passing. Praise God for the gift of everlasting life through His son Jesus. Life is a vapor and we will all be knocking on the door of eternity sooner than we think. I'm just thankful to have Christ walk me through when that time comes. God bless you man!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe, you make me tear up. For what it's worth, I didn't cry when any of my Grandparents passed away. Your love for Kelly is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed. I hope and pray that you can find peace in life until the day you can embrace her again.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see the tank is getting better. I am looking forward to the next post

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solar lighting; I decided to use Sun-Dome, they were the only company that had a pitched 21†dome plus they build the domes to Miami/ Dade hurricane specs.
I did most of the work with the install of the domes but I did have a professional installer come in to cut the roof and install the domes. Total costs of the domes were about $1100. And they come with a 10 year warranty.
DSCN2080.jpg

DSCN2101.jpg

DSCN2129.jpg

This look awesome. I live in Miami and am looking for a nice skylight. Sun dome is in Miami? This will go into a aviary and I am looking g to add as much light as possible. May add one to my aquarium. Does it produce a lot of heat?

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a Widower - Year Three. Yes, I am a survivor. But I am continuing to learn that it is not enough simply to survive the storms. It is in surrender that true peace and healing are found. I chose to bow my head, intentionally and obediently surrendering my anger and confusion, my need to find answers, the arrogance of my un-forgiveness against the Maker of this universe who holds all our lives in His hands including my own.

What I have learned since being a widower. I've learned in the last three years there is only one thing important and that is "family". When you are alone 24/7, you realize that nothing in life can be more precious. I find myself in a situation that I thought I'd never be in. I never thought that at my age I would be completely alone. Maybe years down the road but not now. Well, I was oh so wrong. God has different plans even though I have no idea what they are. Not even now. On June 2nd, my wife Kelly will be gone three years.

When Kelly, died, I felt like the lights were turned off in my world. Everything suddenly went black. My vision narrowed with only a teeny central part of normal color but most of the rest was just black. Just Darkness.

Through this terrible journey I've also learned that most likely I'm on my own. How did I get here? In a state and town now alone with no one. I really don't understand it. I guess it isn't for me to understand. People have lives. It isn't their job to be here for me. Where did my life go? I'm still angry that everything was taken away. Yes, still very angry. I go back and forth trying to move on and then getting stuck in the same place yet all over again. Then feeling guilt because I should be able to move on.

Great love equals great grief. As for me, I’ll never get over my love for my wife. I’ll never get over her death. Her love for me remains strong in my heart and soul. Our love for each other fuels the energy that drives me into living each day the best way I can.

In the years since Kelly’s passing, I’ve never found the answers I demanded. But in surrendering to the heavenly Father who’d been with me through every storm and who had not, after all, abandoned me in this one, I’ve come to know such peace. I’ve experienced so much joy and love. I do not need to understand. I just have to trust that God is love and that His love is the overarching factor that governs all events on this planet and every day of my life. Someday I will understand.

Above all, the constant assurances that I was being prayed for, the knowledge that so many cared so deeply, even those who did not know me personally, became a great source of peace in the midst of my grief. I truly felt like the most prayed-for person on the face of the earth.

If anyone wonders whether prayer is an effective use of time, I can testify that it is. Prayer is where the power is. At times my sorrow was beyond words. But the awareness of that power lifting me up enabled me to move through the motions into each new day instead of freezing and turning inward to self-pity.

So now I find myself rounding a new bend in my life’s journey. What is around that bend? I do not know. But that I find myself looking forward to all the twists and turns the road ahead may have to offer is evidence of the healing God has wrought in my heart and soul and mind over these last three years.

I realized, at about the one year anniversary date, that I will never again be that same person who lived and loved before she passed. I’m a new person now. A different me who is still an exciting, vibrant prospect. Each day is a pretty interesting voyage of discovery as I find out who I am in the concept of widower-hood. I’m comfortable in the skin of new me. Right here. Right now.

Why did a loving God not reach down to heal Kelly? I will not understand until one day I am blessed to glimpse the final woven tapestry of God’s purpose and plan for the human race He created. But here is what I do know, what I have come to understand. In my darkest night, I found the light of God’s presence still with me. When a tsunami wave swept my life from its foundation, I discovered under my feet the solid rock of a faithful heavenly Father from whose loving hands no storm winds can tear me. When I made the choice to surrender pain, bitterness, anger, and un-forgiveness. I gained in their place a joy and love and peace beyond all human understanding.

Just as any major surgery will leave a scar, so does grief. It is not something I can cover up and hide, but rather acknowledge the existence of it, I wear it as a badge of honor to the loved one I lost, and feel no shame from it. We only grieve for those we love, and love lasts a life time.

Forever a Husband

Wow.
Thank you- your strength is inspiring.

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if I could survive losing alexandra...Beautiful tank I've always wanted a tank with natural lighting! +1 on your inspiring strength.

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's amazing how a thread will just pick up again.
This was originally started 4 years ago and I have watched it lose and regain momentum.
The tanks looks incredible Joe and even though you will never truly heel from the lose of Kelly I have seen you get stronger through your comments on here and wish you continued strength.

Back