Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After being bit several times and sideswiped by my Sohal Surgeon I've made it a point to always wear mid forearm nitrile gloves whenever I stick my hands in the tank now.

Let's hear the story about the Foxface.
I’ll find what I wrote in my thread, give me a minute :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After being bit several times and sideswiped by my Sohal Surgeon I've made it a point to always wear mid forearm nitrile gloves whenever I stick my hands in the tank now.

Let's hear the story about the Foxface.
Finally found it after a short search. This is copied and pasted from my build thread so I don’t think anything is missed out however I will read through this in the morning when my brain will actually understand it and see if I missed anything important.

So, first issue was getting the fish into the tank which lead to two problems. The first problem was the foxface, I couldn’t get him in a jug as he’s too big and powerful, so it was the net and I tried to go with the fine one hoping his fins were too big to get stuck. He managed to jam his jaw into it along with his anal fin’s spines and his pectoral fins. Tried to see if he would relax and swim back and get unstuck but that failed.

Whilst waiting to see if the foxface could get himself out I accidentally got the Angel stuck in the other net, as they aren’t venomous I could try and get him out. After some gentle movements with the Angel he got out and I figured out how to get the foxface out of the net.

So, after getting the Angel out I tried to find some thick gloves to get the foxface out of the other net. After a quick search I found a pair of gloves and could work with the fox. First I began to cut the net to try get him out that way. Then I some how dislodged his anal spines and got them out so all that was left was his mouth and with a simple careful backwards motion with the foxface and forward motion with the net I got him out. I now have an absolutely destroyed net that may as well be binned and a happy foxface. Which I’m not too upset about as the fish’s saftey will always be first.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally found it after a short search. This is copied and pasted from my build thread so I don’t think anything is missed out however I will read through this in the morning when my brain will actually understand it and see if I missed anything important.

So, first issue was getting the fish into the tank which lead to two problems. The first problem was the foxface, I couldn’t get him in a jug as he’s too big and powerful, so it was the net and I tried to go with the fine one hoping his fins were too big to get stuck. He managed to jam his jaw into it along with his anal fin’s spines and his pectoral fins. Tried to see if he would relax and swim back and get unstuck but that failed.

Whilst waiting to see if the foxface could get himself out I accidentally got the Angel stuck in the other net, as they aren’t venomous I could try and get him out. After some gentle movements with the Angel he got out and I figured out how to get the foxface out of the net.

So, after getting the Angel out I tried to find some thick gloves to get the foxface out of the other net. After a quick search I found a pair of gloves and could work with the fox. First I began to cut the net to try get him out that way. Then I some how dislodged his anal spines and got them out so all that was left was his mouth and with a simple careful backwards motion with the foxface and forward motion with the net I got him out. I now have an absolutely destroyed net that may as well be binned and a happy foxface. Which I’m not too upset about as the fish’s saftey will always be first.
Geez what a story glad everything worked out okay. It's always a fear when needing to catch a fish in the tank what harm and stress am I going to cause by needing to move rock around or chase one of the inhabitants into the open to be able to net them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great brother! Love Stella too! National dog day today!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Rev, Stella would argue that everyday is National Dog day!
I hear you!!!
C9456122-C4EB-49D9-A959-793CDB902946.jpeg

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren’t you glad you spent that time and energy getting the acrylic all buffed out. Looks crystal clear.
When you hit rock bottom with depression you either sink or swim and I decided to swim toward the sun. It's more than a fish tank it's the center of My universe celebrating my wife's legacy.

Always a Husband ❤️

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kelly always loved having her tea with the fish in the morning. It was her most relaxing time before her chemotherapy treatments.

Kelly Tea.png
The water looks so clear in this photo!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back