OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's it they say about perfect timing, today we have a daily double. Our happy little fish Copper Banded Butterfly "Penny" and Ocellaris Clownfish "Marlin" Tell us a joke little clown fish. Here's one for you. Do clown fish taste funny?
20170711_194217.jpg

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the stuff of the future.
Once installed, free broad spectrum lighting forever.
Cool.
Thanks so much, when I was designing the system 11 years ago I was in uncharted territories and really had no idea if this concept would work. I'm so happy that 11 years has passed and it was a successful experiment.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the natural look of your tank - very much like diving a shallow reef. I noted that you stated earlier that these tubes provide the equivalent of 3000 W of lighting, but I am curious if you have ever measured the par on your tank. I would think it must be very high. Have you ever seen any problems with any corals with this much light?

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an amazing and unique tank. Love the natural lighting and natural look of the rock. Very cool... with real shimmer lines. Well done

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the natural look of your tank - very much like diving a shallow reef. I noted that you stated earlier that these tubes provide the equivalent of 3000 W of lighting, but I am curious if you have ever measured the par on your tank. I would think it must be very high. Have you ever seen any problems with any corals with this much light?
Sunlight intensity changes constantly throughout the day I've recorded peak levels at the sand bed at very high 200s. I've seen some 300s on the parmeter but never for a sustained amount of time.

When I first set the tank up the learning curve on how to acclimate coral and fish was trial and error I did have some coral burn up right at the beginning. I now have filters I can put over the domes that help reduce light intensity.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an amazing and unique tank. Love the natural lighting and natural look of the rock. Very cool... with real shimmer lines. Well done
It never gets old constantly moving constantly changing shimmering and shading are always different.

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh wait till you see what's coming out of quarantine! I'll give you a hint I'm the ditzy costar in a fishy mystery movie. Where we search the seven seas for a friend's lost boy.

Stay tuned...wait what were we talking about? Oh yeah, details to come soon!

Last edited:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh wait till you see what's coming out of quarantine! I'll give you a hint I'm the ditzy costar in a fishy mystery movie.

Stay tuned...wait what were we talking about? Oh yeah, details to come soon!
Is the fish the color blue?

Back