Our Lighting comparison ATI t5 sunPower/Hydra 26 HD's

Who is using LED's? and Who is using T5's?

• Total voters

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you Apple of PC?
I have a individual plan with adobe cloud with all the apps for $50.00 a month that I use on two desktops. Look at the student plan same thing, it on sale for $20 a month. I use the heck out of it now.
PC. $50 a month is too pricey for me considering I would only use it to film my tank right now. I'm looking for free or a one time buy kind of software

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure you could get a closer miss than we received from Mathew, the storm literally snuck just east of us (thankfully). I only received wind and 0.08" of rain from it! I feel very fortunate, and grateful that it missed us. I only wish everyone had been so lucky!

This is what it looked like when I got up.
IMG_3728_zpsao8g6bjd.jpeg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure you could get a closer miss than we received from Mathew, the storm literally snuck just east of us (thankfully). I only received wind and 0.08" of rain from it! I feel very fortunate, and grateful that it missed us. I only wish everyone had been so lucky!

This is what it looked like when I got up.
IMG_3728_zpsao8g6bjd.jpeg
Glad you are ok, and no power outages.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Honda inverter generator that can easily handle my whole tank, lighting, and chiller as well as a few other necissary things a supply of fuel etc. Too much work (and money) involved in this tank to risk it. I've been through some bad hurricanes here, and been without power for weeks before. Next time I will be able to watch my tank (which will be nice and cool thanks to the chiller) in a hot house. LOL. I am very glad that I am not currently in that situation!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Honda inverter generator that can easily handle my whole tank, lighting, and chiller as well as a few other necissary things a supply of fuel etc. Too much work (and money) involved in this tank to risk it. I've been through some bad hurricanes here, and been without power for weeks before. Next time I will be able to watch my tank (which will be nice and cool thanks to the chiller) in a hot house. LOL. I am very glad that I am not currently in that situation!
I wired up the house to that I can run my generator and the only thing I really need to get is the ice cap back up power supply.

scfurse77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon tank and here is a pic of the color and polyp difference on a small colony of SPS. I like the color from the LEDs better. But you can tell it's a much healthier coral with the T5s. I will be adding an LED Reef Brite Strip to the ATI here in the next few days. These pics were taken about a week apart. And 3 days after I installed the T5s

Left is LED "2 AI prime HDs"
Right is ATI 6x24 T5

IMG_1476308933.038591.jpg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon tank and here is a pic of the color and polyp difference on a small colony of SPS. I like the color from the LEDs better. But you can tell it's a much healthier coral with the T5s. I will be adding an LED Reef Brite Strip to the ATI here in the next few days. These pics were taken about a week apart. And 3 days after I installed the T5s

Right is ATI 6x24 T5

Great post, thank you.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Right is ATI 6x24 T5

I like my ATI fixture and was thinking about adding some supplemental LEDs as well. Are the Reefbrites dimmable or have a timer built in? I've been looking at the new LED strips from SB reef Lights also. They use Cree LEDs and are cheaper, and will bolt right onto your ATI fixture. Just an idea.

scfurse77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my ATI fixture and was thinking about adding some supplemental LEDs as well. Are the Reefbrites dimmable or have a timer built in? I've been looking at the new LED strips from SB reef Lights also. They use Cree LEDs and are cheaper, and will bolt right onto your ATI fixture. Just an idea.

You have to buy an inline dimmer $16 for the reefbrites. But it works good.

scfurse77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the Timer for the LED lights you can just by a cheap wall timer from Walmart or whatever. As far as ramping it. You'd have to have a nicer light or your light bar hooked to a controller to get it to ramp. If your looking to ramp your T5 you can just get the dimmable ATI Sunpower it's a little more money than the non dimmable, But worth it in my opinion.

Here is the link for the dimmer. http://www.marinedepot.com/Reef_Bri...ixtures-Reef_Brite-3M01237-FILTFILDLK-vi.html

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm getting my lights back up to a higher setting. I've been slowly ramping them up for 10 weeks now. My 2x actinic are at 90% for 8 hours and my 3x blue + and purple + are at 70% for 7 hours. Both channels have a 1 hr ramp up/down time included in their total times. Corals have drastically improved with this slow ramping up process.
IMG_9884.JPG
IMG_9894.JPG
IMG_9899.JPG
IMG_9902.JPG
IMG_9903.JPG
IMG_9904.JPG
IMG_9906.JPG
IMG_9907.JPG
IMG_9925.JPG
IMG_9940.JPG
IMG_9945.JPG

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good @john.m.cole3. My fiancée just got me a gopro, so I can now make some underwater videos/pictures, hopefully better than my cell phone. Below are my most updated pictures of my tank with the ATI.

10-11-16.jpg

Full tank2.jpg
Do you notice any differences w/ ur ATI?

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Right is ATI 6x24 T5

I love to see a bunch more of these from people!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back