Our Lighting comparison ATI t5 sunPower/Hydra 26 HD's

Who is using LED's? and Who is using T5's?

• Total voters
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are going strong and the tank is look great
20170125-IMG_4427.jpg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing around with video editing and learned and new thing. Light have been up almost a year, and yes there are some changes in coral but so far I am very happy with the lights and the growth

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick vid to upload AI Hydra settings using PC via a browser

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our lighting comparison has been de-railed for so long. Mostly due to my chamgimg everything all the time. Once I get my system stable, maybe we can re-visit this topic.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our lighting comparison has been de-railed for so long. Mostly due to my chamgimg everything all the time. Once I get my system stable, maybe we can re-visit this topic.

I figured I would post since I have not posted over here in some time either. We have both been busy with life. I am excited to see what tank you setup, it should be epic either way. If you go with a large tank, are you using the same light or doing something else.

After a year with my light, I can report that I am very happy with my choice. I am going to replace my mount with the HMS tank mounts very soon. I am see some small amount of red cyano showing up again, I was thing is what do to the spectrum of the lighting. The more I try to source the cause of the cyano I am thinking is not the lighting but more environmental/time of the year. Amazing enough my nutrients are in line so I can not blame nutrient for the cause of the cyano. My thought also, is it could be some residual cyano left over from when I used the slime remover in the end of December coming back.

Last edited:

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to believe this thread is a year old now! Your tank is coming back, I'm glad you stuck it out. I'm like 99% sure I'm going with the bigger tank. It's actually a 130, andI'll be using the same fixture and add a Reefbrite strip to it. I'll know for sure tomorrow morning when I go look at it. It's an old Oceanic tank. Well made from what I've heard.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to believe this thread is a year old now! Your tank is coming back, I'm glad you stuck it out. I'm like 99% sure I'm going with the bigger tank. It's actually a 130, andI'll be using the same fixture and add a Reefbrite strip to it. I'll know for sure tomorrow morning when I go look at it. It's an old Oceanic tank. Well made from what I've heard.
Oceanic tank are my favorite tank, like you said the tanks are and made very well. I am looking forward to what you decide.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with the seller who also is a tank maintenance guy who maintained this tank its whole life. The tank has been sitting at a children's center for cancer here in Lubbock. Maintained by the same person and only moved once. It has dual overflows and returns, beveled and polished glass edges, comes with stand, tank, and canopy. I am going over with a truck at 10 AM tomorrow. I'll probably post to the rebuild without regret thread, so we can leave this one to the lights. I'm getting all crazy excited nervous, and I can't stop thinking about it. :eek::eek::eek::mad::D:p:(;):):cool::D:D:D

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with the seller who also is a tank maintenance guy who maintained this tank its whole life. The tank has been sitting at a children's center for cancer here in Lubbock. Maintained by the same person and only moved once. It has dual overflows and returns, beveled and polished glass edges, comes with stand, tank, and canopy. I am going over with a truck at 10 AM tomorrow. I'll probably post to the rebuild without regret thread, so we can leave this one to the lights. I'm getting all crazy excited nervous, and I can't stop thinking about it. :eek::eek::eek::mad::D:p:(;):):cool::D:D:D

Did you sleep last night?:D:D:D:D

John that sound like a sweet tank, Looks like you will have to change the thread name now;)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to get an update posted

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto. The new build is in my house and ready for some aquascaping. I hope it's rockin and rollin with water in it by next weekend.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just now saw this for the 1st time. Thanks gents. I just installed an ATI 6 bulb over my 75. In about 3 weeks I have seen improvements in coral color from the Steves LED.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just now saw this for the 1st time. Thanks gents. I just installed an ATI 6 bulb over my 75. In about 3 weeks I have seen improvements in coral color from the Steves LED.
what bulb combo are you using and how long are your lights on?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the 2 to 16 k package suggested by ATI. I like it,not too blue

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 months from the last update, I am finding the hands off let it ride method is really working.

Fixed -4745.jpg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 92 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back