Our new 30 gallon nano tank

Bobthebrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. My wife and I have taken up this new saltwater reef tank hobby. 30 gallon nano tank. If this works out for us we will buy a larger tank and use this one as a quarantine tank. We set this up on 3/14/22. So far we added live sand and live rocks. Now we have 3 Black Mollies that helped us cycle the tank and since then the Mollies have rewarded us with the birth of 3 babies. Also added 2 Clowns, a Pajama Cardinal, a bunch of snail, 5 hermit crabs and a red striped shrimp. (My favorite) We have one of each of the following corals: Candy Cane, Mushroom, Green Star polyp, Duncan, Blasto and a hammer. Here’s a photo of the tank so far. I know it’s not much to look at but we have high hopes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
F0EB5351-5314-496E-B3CD-2AB1CE037E3D.jpeg

OP
OP
Bobthebrewer

Bobthebrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently watched the video from Ryan Batcheller with BRS

“How 15 Answers Changed the Way I Look at My Tank Forever! 10 Months of Biome Cycling 12 Aquariums”​

I found the video to be very interesting and would recommend it to anyone just starting out in the hobby.
I plan on following this advice the best I can. First thing I want to try is to add a “HOB” refugium. Has anyone had any experience with a hang on back refugium and are they effective?I have a 30 gallon AIO tank so the refugium would be hanging on the little built in filter system and I guess the refugium would be feeding and draining into the filter on back.

Back