OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice welds! Some of us are not that good at welding (me) and we simply just apply more to make up for lack of skill!

Oh, BTW - are you using the SRO 9000?

Lol on welding... I use to lay down some pretty good looking bi ln bubble gum as well! Ha!

I wish I could have fit that SRO 9000 under the tank...
I'm a little under sized on the protien skimmer at this point.
Time will tell.

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the invite, but I think I'll be too sad after seeing your tank and then going home to compare it to mine... :(:D

Where abouts are you located? If you don't mind me asking...

Clearwater, Florida

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea

I have two alternating 230s in my cube but went with sand to start for my sand dwellers. Well of course now I have no sand in one corner so its essentially getting to where you are starting with the protective sand bed! LOL.

You should have plenty of flow with four of them

I like lots of flow... and I hate moving sand... big pet peeve here... bb all the way

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Thanks for sharing! Do you have a fish list yet? Will you get fish from coral corral or somewhere else’s? We’ve been there when we visited Florida. We also like living reef in Orlando as well as WWC. But the people at coral corral are great!

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Thanks for sharing! Do you have a fish list yet? Will you get fish from coral corral or somewhere else’s? We’ve been there when we visited Florida. We also like living reef in Orlando as well as WWC. But the people at coral corral are great!

Lots of tangs! ... and some wrasses. As to a specific list, my wife does have a list as long as my 7 year olds santas list...
As to purchasing fish and corals, yea... mainly coral corral.
We have been planning a trip to wwc as I have been on their website.
While there, we will have to check out living reef!
I'm about 2 hours south of Orlando

Best-steve

Last edited:

135zman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along on this exciting journey. Thanks so much for sharing. Makes me feel less guilty spending the money needed to get the bells and whistles for our comparatively small 135 cube tank. My girlfriend and I share same interest in the hobby so it does make it really fun. No need to have UPS quietly knock so I can sneak the Alkatronic or 2nd Apex DOS into our condo. She is tracking the shipment on line and waiting out the door to proclaim “Yay - It’s finally HERE!”

Can’t wait to watch the progress. $1 a visit to see your tank is a cheap ticket - how much for an unlimited pass?

Clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of tangs! ... and some wrasses. As to a specific list, my wife does have a list as long as my 7 year olds santas list...
As to purchasing fish and corals, yea... mainly coral coral.
We have been planning a trip to wwc as I have been on their website.
While there, we will have to check out living reef!
I'm about 2 hours south of Orlando

Best-steve

Amazing build!!

What is your plan for power outages......portable generator or a permanent installed Generac?

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve, I'm a old time Red Wing fan and the son of a Canadian immigrant who loved the Maple Leafs first and the Wings second. But I've been removed from Detroit for 40 years and have adopted our local ECHL team, the Everblades and the Tampa Bay Lightning!

Gotta support the teams where you live even though your heart may belong to another team!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the removable walkboard.
I tig welded the frame portion out of aluminum so it would be as light as possible for the wifey. The step portion is the gray deck board that last forever(i think) I found it in I think 12 inches wide. The board is a little over 4.5 feet in length.
The walk board can be postioned in five diffrent locations around the tank for maintenance, cleaning, and veiwing.

Best-Steve

20190124_201935.jpg

20190124_201854.jpg

20190124_201832.jpg

Great Idea!!

enemec1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad butt tank. Just wish my wife would of let me do this I had to settle for a 150 gallon tank. good luck and keep the pics coming.
Go Flyers oh i forgot we suck this year. LOL

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean...You suck EVERY YEAR!!
Lol!!! Jk...well not really.
Thank you for tank comment!! 150 gallon is beautiful I have no doubts... any size is gorgeous!
GO BOLTS!
Wendy ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
Oh n ps..What the heck is up with your MASCOT!! LOL!!

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along on this exciting journey. Thanks so much for sharing. Makes me feel less guilty spending the money needed to get the bells and whistles for our comparatively small 135 cube tank. My girlfriend and I share same interest in the hobby so it does make it really fun. No need to have UPS quietly knock so I can sneak the Alkatronic or 2nd Apex DOS into our condo. She is tracking the shipment on line and waiting out the door to proclaim “Yay - It’s finally HERE!”

Can’t wait to watch the progress. $1 a visit to see your tank is a cheap ticket - how much for an unlimited pass?
Hi! Thank you! We are very excited. It is such a fun amazing hobby. Fun to do together !And yep like these that just came last night ! The rest of our Rock. UPS guys know us by name,
20190126_103123.jpg
20190126_103134.jpg
! And yes I DO THE SAME ..Why did it take so long! Why cant everyone have PRIME! N Bells and Whistles are so necessary!!
Wendy

Back