OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along on this exciting journey. Thanks so much for sharing. Makes me feel less guilty spending the money needed to get the bells and whistles for our comparatively small 135 cube tank. My girlfriend and I share same interest in the hobby so it does make it really fun. No need to have UPS quietly knock so I can sneak the Alkatronic or 2nd Apex DOS into our condo. She is tracking the shipment on line and waiting out the door to proclaim “Yay - It’s finally HERE!”

Can’t wait to watch the progress. $1 a visit to see your tank is a cheap ticket - how much for an unlimited pass?
Oh and the unlimited pass is $5! You can tour the Lightning room and Nano!! Lol!
Love the fun comments !
Wendy

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of tangs! ... and some wrasses. As to a specific list, my wife does have a list as long as my 7 year olds santas list...
As to purchasing fish and corals, yea... mainly coral coral.
We have been planning a trip to wwc as I have been on their website.
While there, we will have to check out living reef!
I'm about 2 hours south of Orlando

Best-steve
My husband’s dad lives in Orlando. We use to go to the parks when we visited yearly but since we started this hobby we skip the parks and other activities to go to reef stores! We have been to every reef store from north Orlando to down in Tampa! Coral corral is our favorite to browse but they don’t ship! Living Reef is awesome we bought our apex there while on vacation! And they always have nice selections of fish and coral. It’s a small small store but very nice! And the workers are great. We saw the same workers there 2 yrs apart and very knowledgeable and remembered us! They ship coral too. Have a resident gem tang in one of there tanks. Have high end equipment too. And of course WWC is great. Their retail store has less than there website but very nice. The manager let us see their grow tanks one year. And we have shipped coral from them that has done well! We live in Green Bay Wi! Green and gold! Your tank is amazing! We have a 300 reef, 93 cube reef and just upgraded our marine land 180 to 300,8’ sapphire glass tank for fish only. The marine lands fit the budget but not quality tanks we have learned. I think with all the tanks we have set up and upgraded 75, 90, 120, 180, and now 93, 300, 300... I wish we just had one like yours but could not in our Wi home due to the weight. We had an engineer look at our floors and had to reinforce the floors and put up supports and new beams in the basement to hold our 2, 300gal tanks! I’m sure yours will weight over 10k lbs! It took 6 really strong guys to lift our sapphire glass tank from floor to stand and we could have used 8! We have 2 300 tanks because I had to have those not reef safe fish! My list was probably as long as your wife’s! We don’t have a big budget so my husband made the sumps himself and did all the plumbing drilled thru the floors to basement. It is so nice when you can do it yourself! I always say it’s like we have a BMW in our living room with the money we’ve thrown into all the tanks! Have also had the police to our house 2x do to blue lights and high electric bill! I wonder what your electric will be with all that equipment? Ours is 400$ winter and 500$ summer with air on. But we don’t drink or smoke or gamble or shop so it’s worth it! Lol
Hope you keep posting pictures so we all can enjoy. Will you quarantine your fish?
Thanks for sharing,
Kindel

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband’s dad lives in Orlando. We use to go to the parks when we visited yearly but since we started this hobby we skip the parks and other activities to go to reef stores! We have been to every reef store from north Orlando to down in Tampa! Coral corral is our favorite to browse but they don’t ship! Living Reef is awesome we bought our apex there while on vacation! And they always have nice selections of fish and coral. It’s a small small store but very nice! And the workers are great. We saw the same workers there 2 yrs apart and very knowledgeable and remembered us! They ship coral too. Have a resident gem tang in one of there tanks. Have high end equipment too. And of course WWC is great. Their retail store has less than there website but very nice. The manager let us see their grow tanks one year. And we have shipped coral from them that has done well! We live in Green Bay Wi! Green and gold! Your tank is amazing! We have a 300 reef, 93 cube reef and just upgraded our marine land 180 to 300,8’ sapphire glass tank for fish only. The marine lands fit the budget but not quality tanks we have learned. I think with all the tanks we have set up and upgraded 75, 90, 120, 180, and now 93, 300, 300... I wish we just had one like yours but could not in our Wi home due to the weight. We had an engineer look at our floors and had to reinforce the floors and put up supports and new beams in the basement to hold our 2, 300gal tanks! I’m sure yours will weight over 10k lbs! It took 6 really strong guys to lift our sapphire glass tank from floor to stand and we could have used 8! We have 2 300 tanks because I had to have those not reef safe fish! My list was probably as long as your wife’s! We don’t have a big budget so my husband made the sumps himself and did all the plumbing drilled thru the floors to basement. It is so nice when you can do it yourself! I always say it’s like we have a BMW in our living room with the money we’ve thrown into all the tanks! Have also had the police to our house 2x do to blue lights and high electric bill! I wonder what your electric will be with all that equipment? Ours is 400$ winter and 500$ summer with air on. But we don’t drink or smoke or gamble or shop so it’s worth it! Lol
Hope you keep posting pictures so we all can enjoy. Will you quarantine your fish?
Thanks for sharing,
Kindel
Wow! That's awesome!! I want the unsafe reef fish too! I love me some puffer fish! We are the same, no drinking smoking or anything ... we work, Go to LIGHTNING games, hang out at Coral Corral lol and Have fun with our kids. We have 5, 7 to 19 years old... I homeschool them . So its always fun around here. Love Love love all your tanks! I dont even have to see them! We will hit WWC and the other stores up that Way SOON! I hope you follow!
Wendy

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That's awesome!! I want the unsafe reef fish too! I love me some puffer fish! We are the same, no drinking smoking or anything ... we work, Go to LIGHTNING games, hang out at Coral Corral lol and Have fun with our kids. We have 5, 7 to 19 years old... I homeschool them . So its always fun around here. Love Love love all your tanks! I dont even have to see them! We will hit WWC and the other stores up that Way SOON! I hope you follow!
Wendy
We will follow for sure! Have a great Saturday! Here is our fish only tank! 2 puffers, three triggers, 4 angels, 3 tangs, tusk, foxface, and jewel ell!
Thanks, Kindel

ED982A78-23E5-4F4C-8F7C-7940031B316C.jpeg

9706144F-3359-423D-8493-5F8F60F76019.jpeg

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost done with wiring... had to order some pump extension cords for the octo pumps as 4 controllers wont reach to panel.

Neptune says you can setup there system in 15 minutes... lol! Whatever! Maybe 15 hours and I bet you still dont have it dialed in...
I have to figure out how to make certain pumps and skimmer go off with different feed modes... 15 mins... suuuurrrreeee apex...

And the 2 inch flow valve doesnt work for uv light... the little ato pump for the atk system... dont work...

Well... back to Googling how to program this thing.

20190126_132203.jpg

20190126_162754.jpg

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible build can’t wait to see more

Oh and C-A-P-S! The champs lol

Thank you! .... hopefully lower case c-a-p-s coming this year!

Will admit that they did deserve it last year... we had alot of injuries.

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! .... hopefully lower case c-a-p-s coming this year!

Will admit that they did deserve it last year... we had alot of injuries.
Ok that's hubbys comment! Me..I'm not so nice when it comes to Hockey! Buuutttt I'll be nice...TODAY. GO BOLTS ! ⚡⚡⚡
OVEROVECHKIN
Thank you for Tank comment !!

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blackhawks fan here, build is looking fantastic, thanks for sharing.

Bolts are looking really good this year, they deserve a cup, good luck on the quest.
Blackhawks...really.. oi!! Come on, u know Blue is better ! They DO DESERVE IT. They have to keep pressing, Dont give anything slack. It would be incredible!! GO BOLTS!
Thank you so much, we cant wait to share more!
Wendy
Pic is one of my Jerseys!! Lol

Screenshot_20161209-103945.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%

Back