OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been cycled for about a week now... added some Springer Damsels and noticed they were trying to eat each other. Started with 10... woke up next morning and now have 8. They completely nipped all their fins off. Have 1 more that doesnt look so hot.. hes missing a fin and his face doesnt look so good.
I started thinking that maybe if I put in another species of fish it might get their attention off each other. So I went and got 2 yellow mimic tangs. It has worked.. the Springer damsels are now holding their posts and have calmed down alot.
I wish I knew that damsels need to be in with other fish.. lesson learned for sure. When I was reading about them I didnt read anything about that.... I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem?

Tank finally has fish... next will probably be a pair of yellow tangs. Not sure yet... lol

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you buy your fish from coral corral? Just curious cause I usually get mine from marine warehouse but I was thinking about picking up a few from coral corral

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you buy your fish from coral corral? Just curious cause I usually get mine from marine warehouse but I was thinking about picking up a few from coral corral

Yes I do,

He can get any fish as well. What I like most about Coral Corral is all their fish are being quarantined prior to purchase. They are also honest folks. I've been in there and was ready to purchase a fish (not a cheap fish either) and they have talked me out of it due to fish not doing as well as they would like.
Pierre has helped me with all my builds and his staff are really knowledgeable. I can call him at 2am with an issue if need be. You just dont see that in a lfs usually.

Best- Steve

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do,

He can get any fish as well. What I like most about Coral Corral is all their fish are being quarantined prior to purchase. They are also honest folks. I've been in there and was ready to purchase a fish (not a cheap fish either) and they have talked me out of it due to fish not doing as well as they would like.
Pierre has helped me with all my builds and his staff are really knowledgeable. I can call him at 2am with an issue if need be. You just dont see that in a lfs usually.

Best- Steve

That’s awesome I didn’t know they quarantined.
The lightning are gonna crush Vegas!!

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words...
As to hockey, yea.. we dont miss a beat when it comes to the Lightning. I try to follow the Syracuse Crunch
And your right about watching players grow. Gourde (37) went from zero to hero over night. Love the kid. You know you love hockey when you go to a baseball game and fall asleep by the 2nd inning!
October can never come fast enough!
Blues are a strong team always in the end. We play you all on the 7th, and I know the Schenn-O'Reilly-Tarasenko line is hot right now for the blues. Going to be a good game for sure!

Best-Steve
READY for tonight??? GO BOLTS!!

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEADED to World wide Coral! Leaving Clearwater now!! Excited! Anyone know of any other good places to hit??!

Sounds fun! I haven’t made the trip there yet since it’s about a two hour drive from me in south Tampa. Thinking about taking a day and going over there and maybe top shelf aquatics in winter park too! It’s a little past WWC near UCF. It’s awesome how many cool shops are around this area. Let me know how you like corals wide wide corals and if you end up picking anything up. Are you guys planning on going to the Florida frag swap in lakeland this year?

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds fun! I haven’t made the trip there yet since it’s about a two hour drive from me in south Tampa. Thinking about taking a day and going over there and maybe top shelf aquatics in winter park too! It’s a little past WWC near UCF. It’s awesome how many cool shops are around this area. Let me know how you like corals wide wide corals and if you end up picking anything up. Are you guys planning on going to the Florida frag swap in lakeland this year?

We are thinking about going.
We live in Clearwater so it's only about an hour to Lakeland.

As to WWC, place was very nice. Great selection of corrals and fish! Was very impressed overall. We did end up getting a yellow eye kole tang. Hard to go in a fish / corral store and walk out empty handed! Lol...
We had a great day for sure. Will be going back again someday for sure.

They had a huge ..huge ..hippo tang
And a white tang that was absolutely beautiful in thier display tanks.

Staff was all very polite... great store for sure and well worth the trip.

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry not sorry. Good game though. Blues needed the extra point more than the Bolts did.

Great defense on both sides for sure... was anyone's game... Blues took it!lol Ever since the all star break we look a step behind... hope that changes soon. Went from 3.73 goals a game to 1.4 goals since the break... not good.
Lucky to get even a point that game...

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the new AI fuge lights.... waiting on hanging kits to come In...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190209_141313.jpg

20190209_141313.jpg

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current livestock added over last couple weeks....

Sailfin tang
Magnificent Foxface
Dussumieri Tang
Yellow eye Kole Tang
Engineer Goby (good 6 inches, with vertical lines already)
Lawn mower Blenny
Sleeper Goby
Black Cap Basslet
2 Mimic Tangs
Long Tailed Clown fish
Pair of snowflake clowns
8 Springer Damsels
1 red Blood shrimp
10 Mexican snails
1 pin cushion urchin
3 long black spine urchins

Ordered 2 medium Yellow Tangs...
And Looking for a Gem Tang

Everyone is happy... you know you have a big tank when you have 21 fish in it and cant see not a one... lol

Theres times when you see a bunch.. and other times I walk up to tank and see nothing, till I walk around other side.... crazy

OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... couldnt really wait any longer for the new 300 series maxspect gyres to come out...

Tank needed flow bad... I got 2 of the maxspect 280's and they are very impressive to say the least.

Haven't really played with the settings yet, but at 50% power they sure are making a nice storm!

Back