OP
Blitz7737

Blitz7737

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Both the LR canister and mini fuge with Mr. Moss Ball have a custom built pumping action. Three tubes through the top (sealed with superglue, rev one of silicone was messy): one for air pump, one for siphon inlet, and one for mini pumping action outlet. Never needed the piece in red. All functions off the venturi effect creating action in the larger outlet tube. It stalls on very rare occasions, mostly when the siphon gets clogged up with gunkies. Regular cleaning keeps it in tip top shape.

Also found that the standard mason jar tops have a tendency to breakdown and rust, so we changed to plastic. Introduced a bit of iron and phosphates, but hopefully our little fuge will help clean that up.

Next time I do a cleaning, I will get more pictures!

Canister Filter Final v1.png

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i kinda think it starts here unless you start elsewhere?? it will be a better impact,will also make friends ,,n get a cool badge ;)

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude wow!! That looks epic and I’m really happy for y’all! What’s your stock list looking like? 1 gallon ain’t good for much but it’s enough for something really super cool right?! I’m pumped for you and I hope this is the beginning of a killer build thread and a beautiful tank :) be picky and plan on what goes in there, limiter real estate means only the best! Imho, a sexy shrimp or two would kill it in there! Mine hosts my anemone so I think anything else you decide to put in there is gonna be a okay

OP
OP
Blitz7737

Blitz7737

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude wow!! That looks epic and I’m really happy for y’all! What’s your stock list looking like? 1 gallon ain’t good for much but it’s enough for something really super cool right?! I’m pumped for you and I hope this is the beginning of a killer build thread and a beautiful tank :) be picky and plan on what goes in there, limiter real estate means only the best! Imho, a sexy shrimp or two would kill it in there! Mine hosts my anemone so I think anything else you decide to put in there is gonna be a okay

Thanks! Mr. Bubbles makes me happy every time I get some time with it. Stock list is pretty minimal. Would love a pistol/goby pair, but the 1g is probably too small to ever house them. Thinking either an emerald crab or some sort of shrimp to start (depends on what the LFS has, but maybe a sexy, saron, or peppermint... or a really cute pistol if we can find one). Also gonna get a glass cleaner, maybe a couple of bumblebee/nerites. That will probably be it for the CUC. As for corals, thinking 3 or 4. Zoa and gsp on an island for sure. For the other two, haven't settled yet. Depends on whats available and is hardy enough. Any other suggestions appreciated too! Should be putting the build thread together this weekend!

How big is your tank, got a build thread for it?

And thanks everyone for the well wishes. ;Cat

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Mr. Bubbles makes me happy every time I get some time with it. Stock list is pretty minimal. Would love a pistol/goby pair, but the 1g is probably too small to ever house them. Thinking either an emerald crab or some sort of shrimp to start (depends on what the LFS has, but maybe a sexy, saron, or peppermint... or a really cute pistol if we can find one). Also gonna get a glass cleaner, maybe a couple of bumblebee/nerites. That will probably be it for the CUC. As for corals, thinking 3 or 4. Zoa and gsp on an island for sure. For the other two, haven't settled yet. Depends on whats available and is hardy enough. Any other suggestions appreciated too! Should be putting the build thread together this weekend!

How big is your tank, got a build thread for it?

And thanks everyone for the well wishes. ;Cat
I think it would be the coolest thing if you managed to get some kind of sps in there. Like a red dragon? Those are lower light and flow sps. I have mine directly under my powerhead on the bottom of the tank. A red dragon crowning a rock covered in Armor of God/pink zipper zoas/ mandarin oranges scrambled egg/ salted agaves/ vamps in drag/ cry babies/ Halle berry (I’d probably have max 3 varieties but blend them super well, horrible drawing demonstrates) with a red mithrax crab/peppermint/fire shrimp/ sexy shrimp pair would be my dream if I had a tank like that. If the betta fish bites the dust or gets put into a different tank. Here’s a horrific artist’s rendition of this fantasy.
A891273C-C516-4A4D-9BA4-1EF6E1F9C374.jpeg

OP
OP
Blitz7737

Blitz7737

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be the coolest thing if you managed to get some kind of sps in there. Like a red dragon? Those are lower light and flow sps. I have mine directly under my powerhead on the bottom of the tank. A red dragon crowning a rock covered in Armor of God/pink zipper zoas/ mandarin oranges scrambled egg/ salted agaves/ vamps in drag/ cry babies/ Halle berry (I’d probably have max 3 varieties but blend them super well, horrible drawing demonstrates) with a red mithrax crab/peppermint/fire shrimp/ sexy shrimp pair would be my dream if I had a tank like that. If the betta fish bites the dust or gets put into a different tank. Here’s a horrific artist’s rendition of this fantasy.

That art is pretty legit man. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that not all of those are actually corals. I hope I am wrong, as some of those are dang cool names for a coral garden. Lol. I have heard SPS are much tougher to start with and this our first reef journey, so probably stick to some bright softies. ;)

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got an acro as my second coral, not too difficult as long as you have a good light and clean water. Have never tested my perams so idk what they need as far as nitrates and stuff like that goes. I just stick mine in a tank under bright lights and they do really well. I think an AI Prime would be good for this purpose, or possibly even less than that like a kessil or something. AI primes worked for my lower end acros (red dragon, birdsnest, purple bonsai, etc) and my zoas are doing spectacularly as well. And yeah, those actually are all names of zoas! I have those so I can definitely vouch for their colors. Here’s my red dragon (sitting at the bottom of my tank, chillin) and some zoa macros I took cause I was selling frags.

Left to right: scrambled eggs, (way back) cat’s eye, (middle) gobstoppers, (single polyp) blue hornet, (skipped the angry closed polyps), crybabies, (green) radioactive dragon eyes
CE1D673F-9103-4798-9BE1-5039C0F8A241.jpeg

(left to right) cats eyes, gobstoppers, single blue hornet, crybabies, radioactive dragon eyes, vamps in drag (light blue mostly so photography is h o r r I b l e), fire and ice, purple monster (on plug with rhodactis shroom)
2662A2B3-005F-451A-9695-B431B208F5A3.jpeg

rainbow infusions
557DF687-7C59-4718-A55B-037C79B93F64.jpeg

gobstopper
78F1C9D7-CDA9-4205-A10F-CB1E04561FC5.jpeg

fire and ice
F6535582-F98F-4AA7-984A-FD87BC404E43.jpeg

cats eyes
26674761-D9C0-40AE-B984-46E2892CFEE1.jpeg

Halle berries (Back), gobstoppers
E86AC3F3-950A-450C-A991-C46794ACE5EA.jpeg

Scrambled eggs

5C2F29DF-843E-4169-869A-B313A402EC7A.jpeg

purple monster
E6046AA4-1EF0-41BF-B5DC-1B71F4AF23AF.jpeg

red dragon acro (far right) and a toadstool (front)
7A528930-CEE3-452F-8216-CC10F3E67D43.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back