Out of RO…what do I do?

mindiL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks. I have a dilemma and need advice. I have a RS Reefer 250 with a mesh lid so I have tons of evaporation. I have to fill my RO tank every 4-5 days. I usually have a good supply (bought from my LFS) but I’ve run out and my LFS is closed until tomorrow. I know I need my own RODI system at home…just haven’t gotten around to it. What can I do until I go to the LFS tomorrow? My return outlet is starting to bubble because my water is too low. HELP! :)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks. I have a dilemma and need advice. I have a RS Reefer 250 with a mesh lid so I have tons of evaporation. I have to fill my RO tank every 4-5 days. I usually have a good supply (bought from my LFS) but I’ve run out and my LFS is closed until tomorrow. I know I need my own RODI system at home…just haven’t gotten around to it. What can I do until I go to the LFS tomorrow? My return outlet is starting to bubble because my water is too low. HELP! :)

Just go buy some gallons of distilled (with no minerals added for taste) at the grocery store or Walmart.

People use distilled all the time on nanos when they don’t own a RODI. I used it for a few years myself. Not just for top off but for mixing my own salt.

Actually topped off my pico today with “Infant Water” (no fluoride kind) I had left over which is nothing more then a fancy name for distilled.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you reduce your turnover rate for a short while? Ie. turn the pump down and adjust the valve roughly to suit.
It won't make a big difference as everything is obviously designed for different flow rates but I certainly need more water in my system when the flow is faster.
It may buy you a few hours.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I generally ran to walmart or grocery store and bought water from their RO refill station

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
M

mindiL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go buy some gallons of distilled (with no minerals added for taste) at the grocery store or Walmart.

People use distilled all the time on nanos when they don’t own a RODI. I used it for a few years myself. Not just for top off but for mixing my own salt.

Actually topped off my pico today with “Infant Water” (no fluoride kind) I had left over which is nothing more then a fancy name for distilled.
Thank for this…I was worried about using anything but RO. I’m going to see if my local shops sell distilled water. I live in Ireland and sometimes they don’t have certain things you could easily find anywhere in the US.

Back