OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17 new acros from fragouse corals! Lost one to RTN but can’t complain as the shipment was delayed for 24 hours! Got them all mounted today. Happy to have a ton of sticks in the tank after the pump failure fiasco!!
IMG_1078.jpeg
IMG_1077.jpeg

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What power heads did you settle on?

I can’t decide what to do.

I have two Axis 40 return pumps with VCA Random Flow Nozzles which seem to be FAIRLY sufficient, but feel like I could use more flow

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up using jebao dcp 2500’s turned all the way down. It’s a ton of flow. Probably way more than I need. I put VCA RFG’s on yesterday. Calmed the linear flow that was hurtling across the tank and moving sand about. Been at my hospital since early this morning so I haven’t been able to see how things have settled in the tank since adding them.

Shoot, i see you said power heads not return pumps.
I have 2 jebao MLW 20’s on the short sides and two MLW 10’s on the back wall.

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed my program for my noops based on a profile from another user. Now I can’t find the thread that I saved it from but I’m loving the richness and depth the new schedule is providing. I was hitting 450 par on the top of my rocks where I was at about 350 with my previous schedule. I backed the new one down a bit to bring it closer to 400 and will let the acros acclimate and then ramp back up. Hopefully this will bring out some of the colors that have mostly gone green. Adding the QR code in the event I lose it and need to go back to it.
IMG_1179.png

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still liking the Jebao return pumps? Any problems maintaining your water level or any other issues? We’re planning to replace ours as well and read that the sicce ones aren’t all that quiet and then saw that you’ve tried the Jebaos.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still liking the Jebao return pumps? Any problems maintaining your water level or any other issues? We’re planning to replace ours as well and read that the sicce ones aren’t all that quiet and then saw that you’ve tried the Jebaos.
I love them. They are dead silent. Initially when I cranked them up at the lowest setting I had a difficult time maintaining a steady water level in the return chamber. The flow was just to much. Now that I have added the RFG nozzles to both sides and they have been running a few months things are much better. I have been able to add my filter socks back in instead of running a small amount of floss to compensate for the fast flow. Tank is looking much cleaner with the socks back in place. Every pump I have in the tank right now are jebao pumps. I have an OW 10 wave maker on my neglected lagoon tank that has been running for about 6 years and been cleaned a handful of time.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a little bit since I updated my build, took the plunge and added a copperband and diamond spot goby from dr. Reef. They have been in the tank since Saturday. Everyone is getting along but has been a struggle trying to get the copperband to eat. Even though they are QT and conditioned to frozen from dr. Reef. Copper and is active and cruising the tank. Flooding the tank with frozen food three times a day. I don’t even want to know what my nutrients are looking like now!!
IMG_1238.jpeg

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did yours have the shadow wave return? Mine came with locline type return but with an odd size hole for the bulkhead.
Yeah we have the shadow waves. One barely works and one was frozen from the start.
These were the parts I used. But need two of each, one for set for each side.
IMG_1244.png
IMG_1245.png
IMG_1246.png
So I’m confused where the multidapter goes. Do you pull out the shadow wave spinner and leave the stock bulkhead then press this in from the display side?

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we have the shadow waves. One barely works and one was frozen from the start.

So I’m confused where the multidapter goes. Do you pull out the shadow wave spinner and leave the stock bulkhead then press this in from the display side?
Correct. The shadow wave housing pulls off and then the moving part slide right out. I put the whole attachment together. So pipe adapter then 3/4 to 1/2 reducer. Then the length of 1/2 loc line and then the RFG. I forgot to add the 1/2 loc line in my previous post. Whole upgrade took about 5 minutes.

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. The shadow wave housing pulls off and then the moving part slide right out. I put the whole attachment together. So pipe adapter then 3/4 to 1/2 reducer. Then the length of 1/2 loc line and then the RFG. I forgot to add the 1/2 loc line in my previous post. Whole upgrade took about 5 minutes.
Makes sense. I guess I didn’t realize that you could press fit that adapter into the shadow wave bulkhead and have it stay in place. Thanks!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense. I guess I didn’t realize that you could press fit that adapter into the shadow wave bulkhead and have it stay in place. Thanks!
Definitely does. I got that combination of attachments from another user with a Tideline. One thing I would say, if you haven’t already changed out the returns that come with the Tideline, I would definitely do that. They are trash and dang near killed every sps I had. Twice. Haha.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back