Outside line to Skimmer filling with condensation....

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So need some ideas on how to solve a problem. I run tubing from outside my home to my skimmer. The line comes through my basement and up into my stand. However it’s drawing in very humid air into my much cooler basement and moisture is building up in the line so much that it’s actually collecting water and holding up the air - it’s almost gurgling in the line.

I really don’t have the room to slope the line downward to the outside of the house so the condensation drips outside. It’s not impossible but it’s won’t be any easy task.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two ideas here

1) Depending on the size of the line, you could attach a water trap for an air compressor to catch the water and just empty it.

2) Insulate the line which would in turn prevent the cool air from causing condensation. Also depending on the size of the line, they make foam pipe insulation you can buy.

OP
OP
blstravler

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two ideas here

1) Depending on the size of the line, you could attach a water trap for an air compressor to catch the water and just empty it.

2) Insulate the line which would in turn prevent the cool air from causing condensation. Also depending on the size of the line, they make foam pipe insulation you can buy.

Great idea on the water trap! Found this on amazon... I think I could probably make some thing like this. I just need to attach it at the low point in the line and all the moisture will collect in it.
4C4C790D-D3A6-438F-841F-5431A1EEEE61.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back