Over9k_reef's IM Nuvo Fusion 15 builds

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!

Having moved last month I had to down grade to a Fluval 13.5 as a temp set up. When I saw that Innovative Marine was coming out with the Nuvo Fusion 15 gal I had to preorder not 1 or 2 but 3 of them :grinning-face-with-sweat:.

Oct. 15th I received the first one :D opened it up and placed it on one end of my desk with the AI Prime.

PXL_20221017_011058447.jpg

Oct. 22nd put the live rock and fiji pink live sand in. Live rock was from my previous tank that I had set up before the down grade. Kept it in a bucket so it wouldn't die.

PXL_20221023_042051954.jpg
PXL_20221023_042042843.jpg

Sand in water cloudy now.

PXL_20221023_044812839.jpg

Oct. 25th: Water cleared up and loving how simple the aquascape came out.

PXL_20221026_015710509.jpg
PXL_20221026_015734648.jpg

Oct. 30th I had placed an order at BRS since I got an email that the AI Nero 3 was back in stock so jumped on it and order one and got some upgrade return pumps for the tanks while I was at it and some other goodies.

PXL_20221030_171918067.jpg

Today is the beginning of the month, will be moving forward to setting up the second tank this week, I have received all 3 tanks I order now. Will have to move everything from the Fluval 13.5 into the new set up. Not sure which one will be the Mixed reef and which one will be the SPS dominant. I'll have to wait and see how the 2nd aquascape comes out to decide.

Looking forward to the new journey with these builds, hope y'all enjoy the progress with me :D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ordered the tank too. But only one . I like your scape. I was working on my scape with some of the rock I had left over from my main tank. But I’m not liking it that much. I think I will work on it again.

OP
OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ordered the tank too. But only one . I like your scape. I was working on my scape with some of the rock I had left over from my main tank. But I’m not liking it that much. I think I will work on it again.
thanks! that arch rock looked so much smaller on my bigger set up lol but I like how simple it is, its just two rocks, the arch and a foundation rock. I'll be working on the scape for tank No. 2 this week. I'll put more thought into it lol

Have any pics of your scape?

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah I see, are you trying to work with the shapes you have? are you going to break or cement any rocks together?
Yesterday I ended up breaking it all up and started again. I guess I will take a look at your other scapes for some inspiration. My tank comes today

OP
OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I ended up breaking it all up and started again. I guess I will take a look at your other scapes for some inspiration. My tank comes today
yeah smaller pieces work a bit better on smaller tanks for sure. I'll be scaping the next one this weekend hopefully. Need to go to storage and get the rest of my rock lol

OP
OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you like the AI light? Any regrets?
No regrets at all, been using them for years. Great budget friendly light and app controlled. I will say that putting a type of diffuser helps evenly spread the light tho. (right one has diffuser)

OP
OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is a good diffuser for the AI prime?

I really only have experience with 3dReefing, I have his OG diffuser he has done some updates to it. Here's a link

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really only have experience with 3dReefing, I have his OG diffuser he has done some updates to it. Here's a link

Thank you. I will check it out

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No regrets at all, been using them for years. Great budget friendly light and app controlled. I will say that putting a type of diffuser helps evenly spread the light tho. (right one has diffuser)

I read up on AI melt lens ... I'm cautious on buying one because is $350 cdn here in canada plus cost of mount which I find a bit crazy knowing it like $200 US and read up some threads from other people complaining about the melted lens and how it not worth the price or hassle

OP
OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read up on AI melt lens ... I'm cautious on buying one because is $350 cdn here in canada plus cost of mount which I find a bit crazy knowing it like $200 US and read up some threads from other people complaining about the melted lens and how it not worth the price or hassle
yeah they have had that issue. Never had a problem with that personally though. I believe when that happens they will send you another lens. For a "budget" light it's pretty good. Won't see me spending $500+US on a radion any time soon lol

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they have had that issue. Never had a problem with that personally though. I believe when that happens they will send you another lens. For a "budget" light it's pretty good. Won't see me spending $500+US on a radion any time

yeah they have had that issue. Never had a problem with that personally though. I believe when that happens they will send you another lens. For a "budget" light it's pretty good. Won't see me spending $500+US on a radion any time soon lol
I saw some posts saying once warranty over ... they ain't sending you a free len, gotta pay for it ... and it not the cost of the len is the problem, apparently delivery cost is a bit much for a len

It over $400 here in canada for light and mount together ... thinking of checking out noopsyche k7 mini

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back