OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some posts saying once warranty over ... they ain't sending you a free len, gotta pay for it ... and it not the cost of the len is the problem, apparently delivery cost is a bit much for a len

It over $400 here in canada for light and mount together ... thinking of checking out noopsyche k7 mini
never heard of that brand, but give a try. A lot of people have success with just china boxes which I have owned before and aren't to bad. idk how big is your tank but if it's a nano the Kessil A80 is a pretty good light too.

OP
OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as your tank... got the 15g cube
oh okay, also depends what coral you plan on keeping. If you plan on having SPS in the future I would recommend getting the best light you can get in your budget. If not you will spend more in the long run. Can always look at used equipment in your area.

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh okay, also depends what coral you plan on keeping. If you plan on having SPS in the future I would recommend getting the best light you can get in your budget. If not you will spend more in the long run. Can always look at used equipment in your area.
Would like to try sps in the future lol

Oh boy ... don't like "getting the best light in my budget" haha ... sounds like Ai prime, radion and the likes

OP
OP
OVER9K_REEF

OVER9K_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to try sps in the future lol

Oh boy ... don't like "getting the best light in my budget" haha ... sounds like Ai prime, radion and the likes
lol just saying a cheap light will cost you more in the long run. Well technically any cheap equipment will cost you more in the long run.

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never heard of that brand, but give a try. A lot of people have success with just china boxes which I have owned before and aren't to bad. idk how big is your tank but if it's a nano the Kessil A80 is a pretty good light too.
I have IM15 and ordered an A80. Tank Lightning is maybe 14x11x14. I only need 1 for now but I can add another with the one goose neck next year. I like the idea of two and having slightly different heights by flipping the mounting brackets. I selected this light because it is small, passively cooled, and has 0-10v control. Downside is it is 15w. But at 4-6” height, it might be the right light for this tank. We will see in time.

El Reeflero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using an A80 on my 15. I find it to be more than enough and I don't even have turned all the way up.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the ikea counter top?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back