Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

narkicu187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible? I have a 125 I'm gonna start cycling in a week or so and bought a gallon of FritzZyme 9. If my math is correct on the dosing I will need 12.5C but 16=Gallon. Would it behoove me to just dump the other 3.5C in from the jump?

Fast And Furious Brian Oconner GIF by The Fast Saga

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible to overdose bacteria and affect oxygen levels but I don’t see how that’s an issue with a Fishless cycle. Worse case. Follow the directions but keep adding every few days. Not sure the shelf life if refrigerated and always good to have extra when needed.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow directions as stated on bottle. Make sure to account for displacement of rocks and sand. If anything you probably need less than stated. Don't forget bottled bacteria is not needed in the first place. It just speeds up a process that will happen on its own anyway. More won't be beneficial, the manufacturer already tries to get you to use as much as possible to sell more product. Everyone in this hobby loves to shout how patience is key... for some reason everyone is in a huge rush when cycling is involved though.

OP
OP
narkicu187

narkicu187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible to overdose bacteria and affect oxygen levels but I don’t see how that’s an issue with a Fishless cycle. Worse case. Follow the directions but keep adding every few days. Not sure the shelf life if refrigerated and always good to have extra when needed.
Great to know. Did not think an overdose could affect O2 levels. Was on the same page of micro-dosing several days after.
Follow directions as stated on bottle. Make sure to account for displacement of rocks and sand. If anything you probably need less than stated. Don't forget bottled bacteria is not needed in the first place. It just speeds up a process that will happen on its own anyway. More won't be beneficial, the manufacturer already tries to get you to use as much as possible to sell more product. Everyone in this hobby loves to shout how patience is key... for some reason everyone is in a huge rush when cycling is involved though.
Didn't even give displacement a second thought. Good looking out. Patience is a hard thing to master especially in this day and age where instant gratification is so prevalent.

Feet Pixel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm dosing tomorrow because the tank came with fish and i have no choice. The rock was in the old tank but had been exposed to air for 2 hrs and then scrubbed with a brush under a garden hose. How the heck do I account for displacement? I have no idea how many lbs of rock are in here

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back