1 Royal gramma

4 bangaii cardinals

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All small fish Looks good to me. Depending on filtration and frequency / volume of water changes you could have more as well.

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That's adequate. Just cycle your tank and add a pair at a time. Do not add all at the same time!!
Every 2 weeks introduce a couple. Dose some beneficial bacteria after your addition and you should be in good standing

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 fish in a 90

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 fish in a 90
@cameron_ It feels a little cramped to me also, especially with the 6-line and flame angel, which can both be aggressive anytime, let alone in cramped quarters.

I would definitely add the flame angel last, and consider a pink-streaked wrasse instead of the 6-line (a much more peaceful species of the same genus).

OP
OP
C

cameron_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's adequate. Just cycle your tank and add a pair at a time. Do not add all at the same time!!
Every 2 weeks introduce a couple. Dose some beneficial bacteria after your addition and you should be in good standing
Ok I have coral and a clean up crew would that make a difference?

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A difference in what? Adding them all the same time or how many total fish you can keep?

Definitely don't add them all at once.

The number of CUC and coral don't really have much of an effect on the number of fish you can ultimately keep though. The number of fish is somewhat dependent on bioload, but in a reef tank it's just as dependent on fish size, temperment, swimming space, and fish compatibility.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't have a personal sleeping / hiding area for each fish it's too many in my opinion. Bio load can be managed in a number of ways and isn't really a factor. Stress from having no where to sleep or hide from aggression is the main stocking issue. With the 11 fish listed, it would be very hard to accomplish in a 55 gallon tank. Even with 8 fish in a 90 I have territory issues.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say depends a lot on your aquascape too. Do you have a lot of rock and hiding places? If so, all in your list are rather small and should be ok. Just add slowly and wait a couple months in between and observe.
I have many more fish in a 75g. With lots of rock and hiding places and no aggression so I consider it ok.
I would do some research on keeping 4 Bangaii. Not sure but think they might be aggressive amongst themselves

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I understand what you are asking. A spike in bioload introduce too many fish at a time will cause amonia to spike as well and that is a no no.

Introduce a couple at a time to give your system time to adjust to the bioload a couple at a time and then add the next couple few weeks after so the system is balanced instead of it playing catch up!

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
And as everyone said. Give it some thought and pick the fish that are compatible with each other.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210908-170825.jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-170825.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 31

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back