Oxydators and their fight against parasites.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many people aren't aware that the use of an Oxydator is a great aid in not only warding off parasites like white spot but also reduce the the chances of your fish catching these types of parasites and helps fight the disease already in the tank.
I have read little about them in this forum but people all over are reporting great success with Oxydators and their usefulness in the fight against parasites and fish health in general. There is an Oxydator user group on Facebook with lots of info and case studies on the use of Oxydators.
Personally I have not had a single outbreak in any disease in any of my aquariums since using Oxydators in the 30 years I have been using them and I have never QTd a fish during that time.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many people aren't aware that the use of an Oxydator is a great aid in not only warding off parasites like white spot but also reduce the the chances of your fish catching these types of parasites and helps fight the disease already in the tank.
I have read little about them in this forum but people all over are reporting great success with Oxydators and their usefulness in the fight against parasites and fish health in general. There is an Oxydator user group on Facebook with lots of info and case studies on the use of Oxydators.
Personally I have not had a single outbreak in any disease in any of my aquariums since using Oxydators in the 30 years I have been using them and I have never QTd a fish during that time.
Very interesting to see this post as I saw a post of yours elsewhere recently about this. I forget where and it was around a 10 year old post. I’ve always wanted to try. It’s quite a simple setup really but not that common. I don’t know one person personally running one. Would like to see pics. Please post!

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting to see this post as I saw a post of yours elsewhere recently about this. I forget where and it was around a 10 year old post. I’ve always wanted to try. It’s quite a simple setup really but not that common. I don’t know one person personally running one. Would like to see pics. Please post!
OK, Pics of what exactly?

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s-chting-oxydator-w-noiseless-aquarium-alternative-air-pump-shrimpoly-1807-01-shrimpoly@2.jpg
images.jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that’s the most spirorbid worms ever contained per square inch in anything a human has ever assembled.

as those transition through the water to a destined implantation site, they are literal plankton coral feed subject to interception.

a bazillion coral feeding opportunities exist in any tank housing that many microbenthics...and the oxydator clearly does not harm microscopic life, it’s not killing planktors we can plainly see. I will make sure to recommend the option to new tank cyclers its a good device. Even crystal red bee shrimp freshwater breeders use oxydators online, thousands from Germany have posted on YouTube. It’s truly a tried, tested device.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that’s the most spirorbid worms ever contained per square inch in anything a human has ever assembled.

as those transition through the water to a destined implantation site, they are literal plankton coral feed subject to interception.

a bazillion coral feeding opportunities exist in any tank housing that many microbenthics...and the oxydator clearly does not harm microscopic life, it’s not killing planktors we can plainly see. I will make sure to recommend the option to new tank cyclers its a good device. Even crystal red bee shrimp freshwater breeders use oxydators online, thousands from Germany have posted on YouTube. It’s truly a tried, tested device.
Thank you Brandon.
I have been telling nay preaching about Oxydators for the best part of 30years. I have been openly ridiculed, accused of selling them, giving misinformation, being obsessed, outright wrong, pushing snake oil, you name it. Slowly but surely some people have tried them and reaped the benefits.

The technology has long been proven and not just by me of course. In all the years I have been using Oxydators in something like 12 tanks not once I have witnessed a single outbreak of disease, no white spot or itch etc and I have never QTd a single fish which includes Tangs Royal grammas, damsels, firefish and many other fish often considered itch magnets.

My fish live longives, are healthy, many spawn and the colours are vibrant.

We have an Oxydator user group on Facebook with lots of information much written by myself in the files section plus members who have related their experiences using Oxydator's.

IMO Oxydators are the best kept secret in fish and reefkeeping, perhaps not quite the secret they were.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only for the uppercrust on the other side of the pond. :p
There is a shop in Canada now selling them I believe. A place called the shrimp tank I have been told sell them. There was a US distributor but they seem to be constantly out of stock.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of my photos one from my previous tank which I had to breakdown dow to moving house which was set up a good few years. The other my current tank mainly stocked with frags and needing to mature. Both of course run Oxydators.
First my mature previous tank.
20180409_203748.jpg

Now my current tank very much work in progress.
20210201_190609.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting and I would love to learn more about this, but I do do Facebook. Being as I use h2o2 and TTM for quarantine, I can see where an oxidator could be of benefit to a running tank. Well sort of lol. I am no chemist though.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting and I would love to learn more about this, but I do do Facebook. Being as I use h2o2 and TTM for quarantine, I can see where an oxidator could be of benefit to a running tank. Well sort of lol. I am no chemist though.
There are few chemists on here running g Oxydators not that you need to ge one to reap the benefits of one.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Let me say it with a bang and a song

But here its come

sump.jpg

sump2.jpg

Now you have seen something :p

Neither me or atoll take part in your rinsing threads - that's industrial - this is craftsmen's work :D

Sincerely Lasse

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think that makes a convincing case at 11:45 onward as to whether or not oxydators boost oxygen through their mechanism

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
though the surface area isn't being added to, increasing filtration zones- all the extra oxygen will help tremendously for those in place

the boosting of in-place aerobes will hyperdrive filtration ability for sure

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
though the surface area isn't being added to, increasing filtration zones- all the extra oxygen will help tremendously for those in place

the boosting of in-place aerobes will hyperdrive filtration ability for sure
I have just sent off for the same kit and will do some testing on my own aquarium and publish the results along how I went about it. The kit isnt the most accurate but it will give me ball park figures and indications as to what is actually happening both with and without my Oxydator installed. I hope to.have the kit here in the next few days.

chris new reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I also saw another post you made about the use of an oxidator in a reef tank. After reading your post, I did a little research and then bought the A size for my 120gallon DT 2 days ago.

One question.
I bought it mainly to help fight an ICH outbreak.
I do qt all my fish but I only do observation. That was obviously not enough.
So I have two clowns and one tang showing white spots since one week.
The question is how should I dose the Oxidator. All the recommendations I find are only for better water quality and clarity. But I did not find anything how to propper use it in an ICH event.
I bought the 35% and I have very good RoDI water to mixe it to the recommended dosage.

Thank you so much for your answer. It would be highly appreciated

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%

Back