Ozone and air purifier

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

So after lots of research Ive decided to install a Poseidon 200 ozone generator into the intake of the skimmer. Ive read of different people putting activated carbon on top of the skimmer lid so air can vent through the carbon.

Im thinking about putting a small air purifier inside the sump to run when the ozone generator kicks on. HEPA filter, etc.

Any thoughts of this?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all!

So after lots of research Ive decided to install a Poseidon 200 ozone generator into the intake of the skimmer. Ive read of different people putting activated carbon on top of the skimmer lid so air can vent through the carbon.

Im thinking about putting a small air purifier inside the sump to run when the ozone generator kicks on. HEPA filter, etc.

Any thoughts of this?
I used the carbon method - and it didn't work well lol.
Make sure that the air purifier you're using removes ozone. Some air purifiers USE ozone in addition to purification. I had one of those -- and the smell of ozone was far higher than when I was using an ozone generator.

OP
OP
Clownreef

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the carbon method - and it didn't work well lol.
Make sure that the air purifier you're using removes ozone. Some air purifiers USE ozone in addition to purification. I had one of those -- and the smell of ozone was far higher than when I was using an ozone generator.
Thank you! It does. Specifically mentions ozone removal. It's a small desktop air purifier.

Are you still using ozone? How is it working out for you?

Thank you!

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run the ozotech air dryer and thier posidon 400 ozone generator. I use carbon on top of my skimmer and the skimmer effluent dumps into carbon. It works just fine.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you! It does. Specifically mentions ozone removal. It's a small desktop air purifier.

Are you still using ozone? How is it working out for you?

Thank you!
No - I found it to be a hassle - actually - I use an oxydator now - with identical (as far as I can see) - results - and much less maintenance. I found the main problem in our household was controlling it (i.e. the odor).

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you must have had a defective ozonizer, mine does not smell at all like you describe.
i bet you had a crack in the housing somewhere leaking ozone.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run the ozotech air dryer and thier posidon 400 ozone generator. I use carbon on top of my skimmer and the skimmer effluent dumps into carbon. It works just fine.
I'd love to see an image of your setup whenever you have a chance (thanks in-advance).

markron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Any thoughts of this Syracuse Energy Systems Heating and Air?
I am just wondering if there was a possibility that I might have toxins in the air in my home from neighboring apartments. I live on the upper floor and as smells and toxins rise there is a possibility there toxins are getting inside my property making my birds poorly. I have no idea what my neighbors could be using in there homes and I don't want to give up bird keeping because of neighbors and there toxins. I believe there is always a solution to a problem. I am working on sealing my doors and windows to stop toxins from entering my home but I also need to make sure that the air quality is good in my home. I have 400 pounds to spend on an air purifier and air monitor, I don't know if air monitors for homes exist or whether an air purifier would have that built into it. More importantly I need an air purifier that is bird safe. I am also wondering if air purifiers remove toxins from the air? What air purifier do you use? What would you recommend?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back