Ozone with apex

roberts01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the new thread of ozone, but had a few questions.

I am running fauna marin zeolight and mostly undetectable nitrates and phosphates.

Got tired of uv lamp power consumption and cleaning off the calcium buildup. So i want to set up ozone.

So some questions poped up in my head.

I want to setup ozone to run when orp decreased below 390 and off when above 410. With apex it should not be a problem.

So the question -

When dosing some corol elements orp tends to drop to ~350 immeadiatly. Will it negatively affect my tank if durring dosing, ozone switches on because of sudden orp drop?

And tanks orp fluctuates durring day and night. What orp should i try to keep running ozone?

e679b3f28254f85d7c13756ce1f584f6.jpg

And for the equipment i am planning to use:
Apex orp probe
Sanders ozone generator and airdryer connected to bubble king double cone with a random air pump.

And any advises and suggestions eould be highly appreciated. :)

pompeyjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When dosing some corol elements orp tends to drop to ~350 immeadiatly. Will it negatively affect my tank if durring dosing, ozone switches on because of sudden orp drop?

I think that depends on the rate ozone is being added, how long your dosing takes, and the tank volume. A little ozone goes a long way...

Why not set the ozone outlet to off when either of the dosing outlets are running?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back