Paint inside of reef tank?

BRS
Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

Karen00

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
And how would the paint hold up to being in saltwater. Flaking? Peeling? Fish picking at it (if you have/plan to have fish)? I would think doing the outside would be far safer long term.

OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Whoops. I knew it was a bad idea. I was only curious because I thought I read that there was reef safe paint that wouldn’t peel. I was double checking because that didn’t sound right.

I’m not adding paint. I was just curious and wanted to learn because I didn’t want to misinform anyone.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Karen00

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Whoops. I knew it was a bad idea. I was only curious because I thought I read that there was reef safe paint that wouldn’t peel. I was double checking because that didn’t sound right.

I’m not adding paint. I was just curious and wanted to learn because I didn’t want to misinform anyone.
Even if there is a paint like that, all it takes is one scratch or chip from livestock, equipment, rocks, etc and the integrity is gone and suddenly you find flakes of the stuff contaminating your tank. I would never trust anything like that in my tank.

BRS

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 123 41.7%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 29 9.8%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 126 42.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 3.1%