pair of Cardinals

Dave2245

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to introduce a pair of Cardinals to a tank with bigger fish? I have them in my sump for now but would like to put them in my display tank. I just don't want them to stress out or get picked on.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to introduce a pair of Cardinals to a tank with bigger fish? I have them in my sump for now but would like to put them in my display tank. I just don't want them to stress out or get picked on.
An acclimation box helps a lot for introducing new fish to a tank. You can buy them or make them yourself. Put the new fish in there for a day or two so the other fish can come up and get to know them.

Even after introduction, there will be a little aggression expected. The fish will set a pecking order and then things seem to calm down.

OP
OP
D

Dave2245

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An acclimation box helps a lot for introducing new fish to a tank. You can buy them or make them yourself. Put the new fish in there for a day or two so the other fish can come up and get to know them.

Even after introduction, there will be a little aggression expected. The fish will set a pecking order and then things seem to calm down.
Great info thanks.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just hid for about two weeks in a corner, they would come out about 6” for a bite.
About week 3, they now roam the tank together.

I like the acclimation box idea.

For me, I have learned that it’s either going to work or not, and that goes for any new addition. (Within reason)

OP
OP
D

Dave2245

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for your info. I have a friend that said they hid behind the over flow box for a few day also not eating. But after day three they came out a little to eat and go right back. Now week 4 they are out in the open.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back