Paletta 500 move in video. What is this lift table? Where to get?

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the following video Mike Paletta moves his tank in with an awesome lift table. I can’t find them at rental places around here and only see ones with handles that don’t look like they should be removed.

Question A: where can I find something like this to rent?

Question B: is Mike Palettta on this board so I can PM him and ask?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydroloc lift carts are available at the big box home improvement stores. You might try checking local equipment rental places to see if anyone rents them.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I wasn't clear. Mine have the release lever and foot pump are clear of the "table" when it's all the way down. They both have a push handle that can easily be removed so it's not in the way of a tank overhanging the "table"

OP
OP
gatohoser

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I wasn't clear. Mine have the release lever and foot pump are clear of the "table" when it's all the way down. They both have a push handle that can easily be removed so it's not in the way of a tank overhanging the "table"
Any chance you know your models? Haven’t seen one like that in my Google searches. All rental places within 100 miles of me reply “what the ^#^% is a lift table?” Amazing.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a search for "hydraulic lift cart". It's not real obvious but at 4:43 in the video it looks like they set a carpeted plywood and 2x4 "spacer" or additional platform to protect the tank on top of the cart. I have several similar platforms of different heights I use when the cart won't go as high as the stand a tank needs to go on.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
harbor fright has them as well. I thought about getting one but ended up just used the square funature dolly. then man handling it up on the stand. I am not sure if lifting the tank to the top of the cart will make lifting easier as you and your friends will be lifting with there arms. but I bet if you go half way up it will be easier than lifting from the dollies. IDK just a thought.

or for the price of the cart you can hire a moving company to move it for you.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back