OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell you what Pancho, the tank in that picture doesn’t look like it’s had any problems at all, I know fish losses yes, but the corals look in great shape to say what could have been.

And having just caught up, the more recent pictures look like nothing ever happened.

Looks really nice, and get that Apex set up. You really need it with the travelling you do and you won’t regret it. Just make sure it can control all the systems in needs to when you can’t physically touch anything.
Thank you Shaun, the corals bounced well except for the acros and my brain coral. I will post pictures later. I am very happy most of the corals bounced nicely also I guess the nutrients drop benefited them, I mean the nitrates have been below 10 ppm for the first time in a year. I hope to play enough with the Apex before leaving.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the two issues I still have to solve from the crash, some cyano patches in two top areas:
2CD9B30B-21E8-41B1-B33C-7D036FEDB3E2.jpeg
EFA72299-16FC-4721-9EA8-61C31383BECB.jpeg

and my brain coral lost his vibrant colors. I will keep the cleaning and monitoring the parameters hoping I can recover it.
F0949F0C-CEDF-40E3-AD80-B14B707A25CE.jpeg

#honestyinreefing

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're a credit to reefing Pancho with dedication like you have shown after a crash.
Well done mate
Thank you John, I love reefing and my pride needs for my tank to recover. ;Writing

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @PanchoG - I just jumped in and lightly skimmed through your thread.

I am in total agreement with everyone else and have to say your reboot is really coming along nicely!

Maybe while you're in Mexico City you can get a peek at the system in the thread below. The OP hasn't been on here in about a month and three weeks but it may not hurt to contact them.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @PanchoG - I just jumped in and lightly skimmed through your thread.

I am in total agreement with everyone else and have to say your reboot is really coming along nicely!

Maybe while you're in Mexico City you can get a peek at the system in the thread below. The OP hasn't been on here in about a month and three weeks but it may not hurt to contact them.

Awesome place @crusso1993 ! I didn’t know this place, I got to go next time I visit my partes there.

Thanks for stopping by !

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho I’m betting on the Brain coral looks like good inflation and can’t see any skeleton . It really is amazing how good it looks considering what happened your tanks a fighter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still shocked how great your tank looks after the power failure. Most have been a very strong health system to bounce back
I am surprised as well, it bounced almost immediately, tough lesson though.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your favorite coral in the tank?
Mine are the Caulastrea because they look like they are climbing the rockwork up both sides.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your favorite coral in the tank?
That is tough question, my brain coral was one of my favorites but also the setosa, the ricordea and the red digitata.
Do you have a target coral to add?

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho I’m betting on the Brain coral looks like good inflation and can’t see any skeleton . It really is amazing how good it looks considering what happened your tanks a fighter.
Yes, I inspected it very carefully and I cannot see the skeleton either, I hope he makes it. I lost one brain coral so I am crossing fingers.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back