Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
04754AF5-4632-41B0-84EE-8B8C3B2A118C.jpeg

!!! There's pics.... so it DID happen. Nice.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am back in TN. The vacations were super good, wife and children were happy so mission accomplished.

I have spent all day catching up with all threads before leaving tomorrow to Asia. #r2r4life

F6EDDAEB-C1C9-4BC2-BA09-598D763B3254.jpeg
38F2CEC6-AF14-4371-BD96-8706A6804777.jpeg
9955B2E7-33D0-4CFE-8EF3-4B28029CBAE1.jpeg
5827BECF-314C-4B8F-B9C1-74926549A6E7.jpeg
AD57D264-275F-4B67-9601-0D73D9DA7395.jpeg

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a blast from my work.
It was awesome pal, I had really a good time.
I just had a geekgasm.....
Ray, I was like a kid over there !
!!! There's pics.... so it DID happen. Nice.
Thank you my friend.
Nice pics. Did u Make it to living reef?
Thanks Rich, I was totally exhausted after every park, I did Sea World but their reefs are not as impressive as the aquariums in TN or GA.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the diamond goby was impossible to catch as expected... ;Shifty

I have a new banded goby, he is large as the OSG so I hope he survives. He is a beautiful fish. I will post a video later.

On the excitement side, to call it someway I got a heartbeat alert from the Apex and lost connections to my cameras while I was watching Joker yesterday in the theater, I called security and they confirmed the whole community had a blackout. It was too late to make my friend from the LFS to go. So we bet the tank would be fine until next morning. When he arrived the house had energy but the internet hub got jammed. So during the night the tank went back and everything is good. Close call. ;Writing

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scary stuff. X2 on the bullet dodging. I need to figure something out before winter comes and the white walkers knock my power out too.
Super scary, please let me know your power redundancy plans once you decide them, I need to consider more options.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Han and Leia shirts really rock!
Thank you Caveman, my wife wanted to have something for us so when I saw them I got immediately as I am a Star Wars fan.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a whole house automatic generator, runs on propane. Best thing we ever did. A bit costly but worth every penny. Takes 10-15 seconds after power goes out to kick on and then shuts off when power is restored.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R !
It has been a crazy weeks, meetings, conference and some fights, everything I think part of life. I have good news the new goby was able to make his way and now is properly leaving with my diamond goby, not sure if they are best friends but at least they are living together.
image4.png

image3.jpeg

The reef seems stable, NO3 locked in 20 ppm and the clowns still do not figure it out they have two BTA to host... :rolleyes:

The recent scare with the power outage really gave me the skives but I am still thinking what to do. My boss told me two days ago that I can go back to Mexico in April or stay in US another year, not really sure what to do now. o_O My kids want to stay and my wife and I are really missing home but at the same time, I think I will take this week to think and then talk my wife, if I decide to extend my ex-pat contract then maybe I should do something more about additional redundancies for power outage occasions.

Before leaving Shanghai I ate Shanghai crab, they were delicious but the way they are served are a bit creepy, the crab seems to be staring at you. ;Vamp
image1 (1).jpeg

I am now in Japan, in the north of Tokyo great weather this time but I do miss my family.
image0.jpeg

I have a whole house automatic generator, runs on propane. Best thing we ever did. A bit costly but worth every penny. Takes 10-15 seconds after power goes out to kick on and then shuts off when power is restored.
Man, that is beautiful, does it starts automatically?
Panch my plan right now due to budget constraints is a hamster and a wheel.
LOL ! I think we are in the same boat my friend, I am starting to wander how much power each hamaster can generate.
My mp40’s have battery backup my problem is house temps in the winter are 62-64 Fahrenheit causing the temp to drop very fast. Only option then is call and hope I can have some one plug in my portable generator.
The Ecotech's back ups are nice, they can last long enough till you go back home and do something else. I know some local reef clubs have power generators and rent them when a member has an emergency.

Now I am heading to the other threads to try to catch up.

Back