Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, fully automatic. The only problem is I should put a battery on the return pump so it doesn't drain in the 10-15 seconds it takes the generator to kick on. Because my sump is in my basement, it causes a bunch of stuff to get pushed into the tank when it does restart. The backflow into the return section stirs it all up and then when it turns back on it pushes it all up to the tank.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because my sump is in my basement, it causes a bunch of stuff to get pushed into the tank when it does restart. The backflow into the return section stirs it all up and then when it turns back on it pushes it all up to the tank.
A check valve would fix that :p

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, fully automatic. The only problem is I should put a battery on the return pump so it doesn't drain in the 10-15 seconds it takes the generator to kick on. Because my sump is in my basement, it causes a bunch of stuff to get pushed into the tank when it does restart. The backflow into the return section stirs it all up and then when it turns back on it pushes it all up to the tank.
Sweet solution, thank you for sharing, it helps me to think what do.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see that the gobys are goby friends. Or at least frienemies. Or a bit of both. Trip looks absolutely amazing! Crazy jealous of you getting to see Japan.
Thank you pal, I am having high hopes on those gobies.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your gobys are chilling together. I need to be man enough and give it a try.
I believe is that both are about the same size so OSG cannot harass the newcomer. I am still tying to find out if the blind shrimp survived to try the symbiosis with the new goby.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe is that both are about the same size so OSG cannot harass the newcomer. I am still tying to find out if the blind shrimp survived to try the symbiosis with the new goby.
Blind shrimp will be in my thoughts. It’s a pistol correct. You will hear him

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things my friend?
;Troll
Hello Rich!
Everything is ok, but the office got crazy and is keeping me busy, one of our suppliers is in bankruptcy procedures combined with the year closure and next year business plan.

On the salty side I can report my NO3 are now in 10 ppm ! it has been more than a year with high nitrates, the bio pellets finally kicked in, I knew it would take a while but I was about to tossed them out.

And the PO4 went to zero....;Facepalm so I removed the phosban. The corals and nems have never been better I believe. On the sad side I think the blenny is MIA, I haven’t seen him in weeks.

38342776-C755-4003-B5D0-18D7FFC9628D.jpeg

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Rich!
Everything is ok, but the office got crazy and is keeping me busy, one of our suppliers is in bankruptcy procedures combined with the year closure and next year business plan.

On the salty side I can report my NO3 are now in 10 ppm ! it has been more than a year with high nitrates, the bio pellets finally kicked in, I knew it would take a while but I was about to tossed them out.

And the PO4 went to zero....;Facepalm so I removed the phosban. The corals and nems have never been better I believe. On the sad side I think the blenny is MIA, I haven’t seen him in weeks.

38342776-C755-4003-B5D0-18D7FFC9628D.jpeg
Gorgeous shot! Everything is looking wonderful, with great colors all around. Hopefully your Blenny is just trying for the title of Hide & Seek Champion 2019.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always good to hear when no3 finds its balance point in a system. Still hoping the blenny turns up, my midas blenny went mia for like 4 weeks before it popped up again. Blennies and gobies are notorious Houdini'ers.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always good to hear when no3 finds its balance point in a system. Still hoping the blenny turns up, my midas blenny went mia for like 4 weeks before it popped up again. Blennies and gobies are notorious Houdini'ers.
No kidding Rich, the corals are doing really good, I haven’t seen that polyp extension in a year. I hope you are right about the blenny.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back