OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The team remembering the tequilas from the previous night !
88E6FD23-3C85-48F5-9519-6B9F089FA4C2.jpeg

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I love how the monti’s grew. That’s so cool!
I think I will have to trim the monti otherwise it would do a huge killing and like my red digitata.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am leaving Mexico now ;Blackeye I was tremendously busy at work and that limited the time to work on the Apex but finally I did it yesterday.

Good an bad news, the melanarus is alive ! while doing the sand cleaning, he got up swing a while and went in again several times. He is not completely recovered as je did some clumsy swimming but hey he was in the same two and half weeks and has good color and he pooped. ;Cow

The Apex was a pain in the a** to install it but got it done, linking Apex Fusion and my Apex took me ages, this guys need to be better at explaining how to execute the set up.

Now the bad news, the pH probe did not calibrated and now I am leaving Mexico.... ;Rage

Me and my friend from the LFS did some fragging as the montis are taking over, we also installed the Nyos Torq reactor, now I am running biopellets, phosban and purigen... My nutrients are high again. :rolleyes: I am very concerned for my brain coral as it looks worst everyday. ;Dead

I am getting familiar with the Apex and I can see why people love it, high automation and tons of options. I am happy to have it it the tank now.
26AEA5A1-290B-4F12-A002-DFAD081AC343.jpeg

C0DEB23C-FABD-4736-A953-3B4C0A35106C.jpeg

DA1D0F60-71C6-4F9E-907F-A1F891798477.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is tough question, my brain coral was one of my favorites but also the setosa, the ricordea and the red digitata.
Do you have a target coral to add?
Yes. A couple. I'd like to have something along the lines of a trachy. Maybe a lobo or scoly?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday FTS

Finally on Sunday I will be able to work on the tank and play with the Apex. ;Writing

5007C052-950F-4E6E-87A4-7B9CFC5A1615.png

This makes me smile sir. So happy you stuck with it! Nicely done.
The setosa... this was one of my first corals after I re-started in the hobby about 4 years ago. I has grown more than 20 times its original size.
956447FF-BBC7-4119-AFD9-2AAF4ADFE085.jpeg

Beauty what is the blue and orange at the foot of the setosa? Cyphastrea? It gonna look awesome if that grows down for contrast against the setosa. Love the placement.
The team remembering the tequilas from the previous night !
88E6FD23-3C85-48F5-9519-6B9F089FA4C2.jpeg
Nothing better than a good group of people for a photo like this. Love it.

I am leaving Mexico now ;Blackeye I was tremendously busy at work and that limited the time to work on the Apex but finally I did it yesterday.

Good an bad news, the melanarus is alive ! while doing the sand cleaning, he got up swing a while and went in again several times. He is not completely recovered as je did some clumsy swimming but hey he was in the same two and half weeks and has good color and he pooped. ;Cow

The Apex was a pain in the a** to install it but got it done, linking Apex Fusion and my Apex took me ages, this guys need to be better at explaining how to execute the set up.

Now the bad news, the pH probe did not calibrated and now I am leaving Mexico.... ;Rage

Me and my friend from the LFS did some fragging as the montis are taking over, we also installed the Nyos Torq reactor, now I am running biopellets, phosban and purigen... My nutrients are high again. :rolleyes: I am very concerned for my brain coral as it looks worst everyday. ;Dead

I am getting familiar with the Apex and I can see why people love it, high automation and tons of options. I am happy to have it it the tank now.
26AEA5A1-290B-4F12-A002-DFAD081AC343.jpeg

C0DEB23C-FABD-4736-A953-3B4C0A35106C.jpeg

DA1D0F60-71C6-4F9E-907F-A1F891798477.jpeg

Looking like a torch garden to me ;)

I wouldnt sweat the ph too much, unless u have a history of the tank swinging wildly.. anything over 7.9 is safe imho.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This makes me smile sir. So happy you stuck with it! Nicely done.

Beauty what is the blue and orange at the foot of the setosa? Cyphastrea? It gonna look awesome if that grows down for contrast against the setosa. Love the placement.

Nothing better than a good group of people for a photo like this. Love it.

Looking like a torch garden to me ;)

I wouldnt sweat the ph too much, unless u have a history of the tank swinging wildly.. anything over 7.9 is safe imho.
You are right Rich, I am just “argh” that couldn’t calibrate it before leaving. I want the toy to do all the job it’s suppose to do. I am liking in it anyway.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right Rich, I am just “argh” that couldn’t calibrate it before leaving. I want the toy to do all the job it’s suppose to do. I am liking in it anyway.

Yea I agree. Especially with the price tag on apex stuff. Should never have an issue at the cost and time Neptune has had to work out bugs and defects etc...

Looking forward to the pics from the new trip. Safe travels sir!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I agree. Especially with the price tag on apex stuff. Should never have an issue at the cost and time Neptune has had to work out bugs and defects etc...

Looking forward to the pics from the new trip. Safe travels sir!

My Apex Jr classic hangs in there, and Fusion is really nice.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still hard to believe you had the crash. Gives hope knowing what’s possible’
Yes, I am not sure how the corals were able to hold for so long but I am grateful they did.

For re-stocking I want to make sure I have a CBB like Fudsey’s, so I will go with no tangs or angels until I introduce the CBB.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back