OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of the three tangs are very active, eating like little pigs and no signs of aggression among the tank mates. I am talking about the yellow and the purple. I have not seen the blue in 24 hours and is nowhere to be found. I am not losing hope but he didn’t show up for feeding this morning. The purple developed one white spot that I expect to pass, the tank is mostly alone so fish have almost zero stress. ;Bookworm

The rest of the tank mates are perfect including the CBB who is not shy anymore and the new melanarus. I’ll keep watching the tank. #r2r4life

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome that the newbies have started to settle and eating is the best sign possible. Hope the blue boy shows up soon. Its possibly a good sign that he is in hiding in result of new additions... Rather that than aggression. Odds are it will come around and find its place in the pecking order over the next few days. Keep us updated amigo..

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided on the replacement pump for the rear chamber, it will be a Sicce SDC 9.0. It is a DC pump with capability to simulate Reef Crest waves and it can fit in the chamber. It can deliver 2500 gph vs. the 1710 gph of the 3 AC pumps. Also it has 5 year warranty.

I wanted the Ecotech Vectra M2 or L2 but they don’t fit in the chamber so it has to be Sicce.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I missed so much. Lovin the new additions. Last weekend I almost imputes bought a purple.
looking at your FTS and pictures of corals I forgot not long ago your tank crashed. I am blown away how far it came. Congestion’s my friend
Thank you Crabby, I love the tangs and happy the tank has been able to come back, I can finally start to watch “more action” in the cam.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brain.

33D37B5B-64D9-4230-8C95-02BDB4455295.jpeg

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brain.

33D37B5B-64D9-4230-8C95-02BDB4455295.jpeg
This is the same brain coral who got damaged during the crash. At that time ot lost a lot of tissue but know is fully recovered and growing again.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is Monday, four days have passed and no signs from the blue tang. He is now officially MIA, it is sad but I contacted the LFS, I will get a free replacement.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Japan for the next couple of weeks, it sucks to travel during a holiday (MLK Day) but it is what it is. It is cold in Tokyo and I forgot my coat, I will be freezing my *** during the walks from and to the train station. ;Eggonface

As expected, the nitrates have a spike to 50 ppm due to the missing blue tang. I am not much concerned as the tank have managed high nitrates before, anyway it will have a 20% water change to help lowering back the numbers. The LFS is trying to get me a new blue tang but I am asking for a captive breed as they are more resistant. It seems something went bad with all the blue tangs they received earlier this month, all of them died few days after been introduced in their new homes, that is the reason why the supplier agreed to provide new fish at no cost.

Also I am happy to report the purple tang promptly recovered from the white spots, I guess ich. The fish continue to have frozen and live food apart of the pellets. Everybody seems to be happy and getting along in my reef.

Last edited:

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the same brain coral who got damaged during the crash. At that time ot lost a lot of tissue but know is fully recovered and growing again.
Great shot and very nice looking brain.
Would you have a crash photo? Would be cool seeing the difference

Sorry but the loss. Not that it makes it easier but having a known reason that is not your fault is nicer then the mysteries.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shot and very nice looking brain.
Would you have a crash photo? Would be cool seeing the difference

Sorry but the loss. Not that it makes it easier but having a known reason that is not your fault is nicer then the mysteries.
Yes, at least I can say it was not something wrong in the tank or the way the fish was handled.

Unfortunately I do not have anymore the pictures when the tank crashed, too many fish died so I deleted them. But I am happy the brain bounced back.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back