OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope all is well with you and the tank, Pancho! I also hope you're laying off the vino and unhealthy foods!
Thank you @crusso1993 ! Almost stuck but get out on time, this coronavirus is messing with the supply chains everywhere so my job is upside down.

Went to Detroit, Mexico back to TN and now back in Mexico, not sure if the US authorities will let me back in.... probably not !

I will be installing the Sicce 9.0 this week. The tank looks healthy but the kH and Ca are low, I guess I should change to liquid additives instead of the previous powder ones for the DOS.

I cannot find the red dragonet nor the cleaner wrasse, I guess they didn’t make it. I will try again in the next weeks.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @crusso1993 ! Almost stuck but get out on time, this coronavirus is messing with the supply chains everywhere so my job is upside down.

Went to Detroit, Mexico back to TN and now back in Mexico, not sure if the US authorities will let me back in.... probably not !

I will be installing the Sicce 9.0 this week. The tank looks healthy but the kH and Ca are low, I guess I should change to liquid additives instead of the previous powder ones for the DOS.

I cannot find the red dragonet nor the cleaner wrasse, I guess they didn’t make it. I will try again in the next weeks.

Sorry about the MIA fish but happy to hear you are well!

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight pics.

8B3C58B2-DE7D-4405-9D99-AD59189B7A5D.jpeg

DAC311AA-CAF3-4A61-94C4-43C888C50350.jpeg
9CF13EA6-44D9-43CC-9DBB-F9EA46F30C15.jpeg

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, I am in Mexico and yesterday I tried to set up the Sicce SDC 9.0 as circulation pump but my DIY connections turned to be to high to be in the rear chamber so if I have time today I will try again with a different connection solution.

I added yesterday a very small Rainford Goby, he is a beautiful fish very peaceful, the only one to gave him a bad reception was my melanarus wrasse maybe because its stripes look a bit similar. But after some minutes the melanarus decided the newcomer was not a threat.

E466EE09-99C0-4B04-B6B2-2C2516A0CF27.jpeg

After some conference calls with Asia, I went with some of my colleagues to dinner and drinks.... came back home around 1AM, my better half was waiting for me not so happy and she was giving me her “complains” when I heard the tank siphoning water and then splashes so I jumped out of the bed and ran down the stairs to find a big pound of water over the wooden floor [emoji33], when I opened the sump doors I thought the tank cracked from the bottom (I was wearing no glasses due to the sudden of the situation), a lot of water splashing but after taking a second look I saw the return pump hose had blow up so the COR20 pump was creating a fountain of hell in my sump. My oldest son was coming down to help me and I shouted to my wife to help us also, to make matters worst my dang wifi was down at the same time so it took me a few moments to turned off the pump with my Apex. :eek:

It took the 3 of us about 30 min to take out all the saltwater. I estimated about 25 L (7 gal) of saltwater went on the floor. One of my worst nightmares became a reality but I was lucky enough to at least be home otherwise this would have been a disaster in my floor and another crash for my tank. :oops:

It also helped me to stop the domestic, ad my wife and I went to bed tired and taling about the tank and not about my drinking night, LOL.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's excitement we don't need in life. Glad u were there to miss inez effects and got a reprieve on wife's displeasure with a late night. :)
Oh! i escaped the “lecture” at least.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the Sicce SDC 9.0, we made a manifold to connect the 3 nozzles and keep it in a regular height.

7F200E32-DA27-4F83-9AE1-3CD2101016D7.jpeg

The Sicce was easy to install hardware and software. I am now use the “Reef Crest mode”. The app controls are very straight forward however it is noisy, it is easily the most noisy piece of equipment in my tank, I love my COR20 because you cannot figure it out if it is on or off as it is dead silent. Not the same with the Sicce, unfortunately I did not have the time to play more with it to try to solve the noise issue.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big proponent of hard plumbing for just this reason ;)
I know hard plumbing would avoid it but I hate to lose flow due to the hard turns. I guess I may pay a stiff price for my choice.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh geez! So sorry to hear about what happened, though great to hear you were home to be able to fix it! Sounds like things could've been far worse. I had a similar issue on my tank some time ago before getting my Apex setup, and it was pretty brutal. Definitely not an experience I want to have again.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know hard plumbing would avoid it but I hate to lose flow due to the hard turns. I guess I may pay a stiff price for my choice.
You could use flex pvc as an alternative too

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh geez! So sorry to hear about what happened, though great to hear you were home to be able to fix it! Sounds like things could've been far worse. I had a similar issue on my tank some time ago before getting my Apex setup, and it was pretty brutal. Definitely not an experience I want to have again.
Not funny at all my friend, a nightmare come true... it sucks, perhaps is time to add some leak detectors.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back