Got some serious sps plating going on, up top... ;Wideyed

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Freddie!

i love my purple monti and my setosa montipora.

lol
Ripped out about 5 pounds of monti's last year.

Our family is doing well, thanks for asking.

Pancho,
Are you in Murfreesboro or Mexico?

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol
Ripped out about 5 pounds of monti's last year.

Our family is doing well, thanks for asking.

Pancho,
Are you in Murfreesboro or Mexico?
Hello Freddie, good to hear your family is doing well. I’m in Murfreesboro, grounded ;Writing. I have not left US since March last year. However I will move back to Mexico in July! so finally I will be again a proper reefer ;Smug.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Freddie, good to hear your family is doing well. I’m in Murfreesboro, grounded ;Writing. I have not left US since March last year. However I will move back to Mexico in July! so finally I will be again a proper reefer ;Smug.

Yeah,
Thought your FTS was with your reef's camera... ;Hilarious

Lol
It still looks great!!

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought to share the list of equipment and spares I will be taking with me in June: DOS for daily water changes, DDR, new frag rack, AFS and acclimation box. I still would like to buy a pH probe, temp probe, LDK, Eihem heater, and a UVC lamp.

After reading people experience with Trident and given the fact I only test the water once every two or three weeks I decided against it and I can use that money for fish and corals.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to hear you will get to go home in July. Can’t imagine the joy it will bring you and your family. We will be expecting many photos.

I love my trident. That said if your tank is pretty stable it isn’t needed but will give you a piece of mind. Having mine from the beginning of dosing I was able to keep an eye on it as it used more or less during the week.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some crappy news, the neon dottyback bullied my new diamond goby and he jumped through the net... I guess he was too small or too timid, I hate when they jump.

In the positive side the chalice is recovering and the new torch are doing good also. As I am still dealing with high nutrients NO3 5 ppm and PO4 0.5 ppm I am planning to get a better fuge light to encourage chaeto growth.

The clock is ticking, 3 months more and I’ll be enjoying the tank with a glass of tequila. :p

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some digging and some advices I set up my lunar settings from 9PM to 11PM using 5% in the UV, V, RY and B channels. However I set the lunar cycle to start at 8PM to reduce the total light, so my lights will vary depending the moon phase from 8PM to 11PM. This IMO is low intensity, however it stretches my photoperiod to 14 hrs, I hope this will not stress the corals but to promote coral development.
68339A00-D7AB-4A2A-9918-E52C3302AB8F.png

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some digging and some advices I set up my lunar settings from 9PM to 11PM using 5% in the UV, V, RY and B channels. However I set the lunar cycle to start at 8PM to reduce the total light, so my lights will vary depending the moon phase from 8PM to 11PM. This IMO is low intensity, however it stretches my photoperiod to 14 hrs, I hope this will not stress the corals but to promote coral development.
68339A00-D7AB-4A2A-9918-E52C3302AB8F.png

Nice, that middle section is using light, just stretched the twins to 13 hours from 12! ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back