OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see bits of good news for you and thanks for sharing the pics on The greatest! you have a beautiful family and I’m sure in quick order a beautiful reef once again.
Thank you @Raege definitely we had a good time. “Float like a butterfly, stung like a bee” ;Spiderman

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPR1968 @GoVols I am thinking on the Apex installation and wandering if you guys screw the controller

My Apex Jr is mounted directly to the left panel under the power center.

If you go that route make sure the screws are not too long, or they will go all the way thru the panel.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex Jr is mounted directly to the left panel under the power center.

If you go that route make sure the screws are not too long, or they will go all the way thru the panel.
Thank Freddie :D , it will go up in a couple of weeks.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank Freddie :D , it will go up in a couple of weeks.

Pancho,
I'm just happy that your staying in this crazy hobby.

That's a big blow and thanks for hanging in.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho,
I'm just happy that your staying in this crazy hobby.

That's a big blow and thanks for hanging in.
Thank you my friend, I won’t give up and you guys will not get rid of me that easy ! ;Couchpotato

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew said he'd share frags. Anything on your wish list? The coral expo is coming up. He has good taste. The wish list might overlap. It would be easy to split a frag from the beginning.
Thanks Katrina for your kind offer. I have my tank down in Mexico while I am in an assignment with my company in Murfreesboro, I monitor the tank with web cams and that is the reason I couldn’t react earlier to the crash (I thought it was a wifi failure). But thank you for kind offer, it means a lot to me.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do a search on Apex equipment cabinets or similar you’ll get all sorts of ideas on how to mount it all.

I have a separate board at the back of my equipment cabinet and all the Apex equipment is mounted on that with heavy duty Velcro for ease of removal if need be.

I still have the power centre in place with the main pumps still into it, and an ATO reservoir so Apex would fit there

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I thought on the the velcro too, as I am concern about the panels and wanting to move the things later. The Max panels just seem too “pretty” to put screws on them lol. Of course I can order new panels from Red Sea also so I am leaning toward using the screws. ;Nailbiting

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not get one of the marine depot boards instead?
I did not think about that ! ;Blackeye

So I went now to check Marine Depot and remembered my layout in the cabinet, I do not have much space as the chiller is there so I cannot accommodate anything next to it. ;Bored

I will need to go up remove the original power center to make space for the Apex and EB.
77A8E51C-0658-4636-B9F0-9E9FF8979678.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your power loss :( I had one a few months ago. My tank still isn’t the same since it happened. All coral slowed down growing, had some crazy algae issues after too. I think most of my corals are on the mend but it definitely does suck when things like this happen :( I lost 11/16 fish too :( I hope things turn around for you soon. Don’t let your nutrients get to low from less bioload like I did!

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your power loss :( I had one a few months ago. My tank still isn’t the same since it happened. All coral slowed down growing, had some crazy algae issues after too. I think most of my corals are on the mend but it definitely does suck when things like this happen :( I lost 11/16 fish too :( I hope things turn around for you soon. Don’t let your nutrients get to low from less bioload like I did!
Thank for stopping by and for your @Hemmdog ! I am sorry for your losses, definitely it sucks ;Dead so far I only lost two acros the other corals are I think slowly recovering I see affectation mainly in the large LPS. Thank you for the advice, I will monitor the nutrients to avoid algae or dinos ;Spitoutdummy I do not want to have to fight them again. I may start introducing new fish in month or so once I see the system to be stable. I am going now to your thread !

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you had an awesome weekend and a fun time! Excited to see how you decide to get the Apex set up!
Yes ! It was an excitement game, Nashville won 5 - 3. Honestly I want to play with my new toy ! lol ;Hilarious

Back