Panda's IM Nuvo 40 Upgrade Build

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WD is typically a decent grower! Sometimes they sit dormant for a little bit before they take off. Could be that it needs just a hair more light, etc etc.

Sometimes it just happens. But if it starts looking bad or something just let me know and I'll help you out.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WD is typically a decent grower! Sometimes they sit dormant for a little bit before they take off. Could be that it needs just a hair more light, etc etc.

Sometimes it just happens. But if it starts looking bad or something just let me know and I'll help you out.
Ok thanks. I'll look more into the WD when I do my water change.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had the time to set up my Arka dosing pump. First thing I noticed, is how tedious setting it up was. If you skip something, you'll have to cycle through first and then go back. After two hours though, it was done. If I can only somehow have all fish eating pellets, I would be set for my vacation. All fishes are doing fine. @Rakie, the WD is now finally encrusting. I think that my dragon soul torch might be growing another head. Something weird I noticed is that, it's not shooting out another branch. Instead, it's staying clustered like my black torch. I'll post pics when I get home.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Finally ordered my secong gyre and should be coming this Wednesday. No lost in inhabitants. WD is finally showing some encrusting on the plug. Big relief. A little anxious about leaving the tank unattended when I go on my vacation this month. I've read so many horror stories either before or during their vacation. My current plan. No water change one week prior, planning on replacing both carbon and chemipure this week, and a deep clean for both gyre and return pump.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally recieved and set up my second gyre yesterday!!! After 30 mins, all SPS are throwing out polyps I've never seen before. I also have a feeling my Alk and Cal consumption will rise soon. I am a little worried on the SPS side. Both torches and hammers shrunk within the moment the second gyre was placed. Didn't see how they were this morning since I'm overtime tonight. Hopefully my LPS acclimate to the new flow. I did notice stronger flow on the new gyre compared with the old one. New gyre is only putting out 10-20% max and is really competing the old one that's putting out 50% max. Will continue to monitor LPS till vacation time. My dwarf lion didn't like the new flow. Went straight for his cave. He did have a nice damsel treat yesterday though. Found the smallest available and didn't even last for 5 seconds. At least next time I know that I don't have to drip acclimate the damsel. Still waiting for noopsyche to release their new t5 hybrid in 24". Hopefully noopsyche will release more info next month. Accidentally dropped one of my snail in the vinegar bath for my eequipment during cleaning. I didn't even know the sucker was clinging to the media basket. Let's just say RIP snail. I'm really anxious about leaving the tank unattended for almost a week. No one will feed them and my wife doesn't want anyone coming in to our place which I understand. The wrasse should be OK with the current pods in there. I might set up the pellet feeder. The only one I know that eats them would be my clowns. I'll give my lion another before leaving so he won't go after my Lamarck's.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally recieved and set up my second gyre yesterday!!! After 30 mins, all SPS are throwing out polyps I've never seen before. I also have a feeling my Alk and Cal consumption will rise soon. I am a little worried on the SPS side. Both torches and hammers shrunk within the moment the second gyre was placed. Didn't see how they were this morning since I'm overtime tonight. Hopefully my LPS acclimate to the new flow. I did notice stronger flow on the new gyre compared with the old one. New gyre is only putting out 10-20% max and is really competing the old one that's putting out 50% max. Will continue to monitor LPS till vacation time. My dwarf lion didn't like the new flow. Went straight for his cave. He did have a nice damsel treat yesterday though. Found the smallest available and didn't even last for 5 seconds. At least next time I know that I don't have to drip acclimate the damsel. Still waiting for noopsyche to release their new t5 hybrid in 24". Hopefully noopsyche will release more info next month. Accidentally dropped one of my snail in the vinegar bath for my eequipment during cleaning. I didn't even know the sucker was clinging to the media basket. Let's just say RIP snail. I'm really anxious about leaving the tank unattended for almost a week. No one will feed them and my wife doesn't want anyone coming in to our place which I understand. The wrasse should be OK with the current pods in there. I might set up the pellet feeder. The only one I know that eats them would be my clowns. I'll give my lion another before leaving so he won't go after my Lamarck's.
Have a great trip! I have left tanks for a week. Should be fine. Just remember to fill the ATO reservoir.

OP
OP
BadPanda

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally returned from from my vacation last night. First impression, WOW my cheato is really bright green. I accidentally left the timer on the whole time while on vacation. I might just keep this setting and check for params. Typical glass covered glass but, not as bad as I originally thought it would turn out. No KIA's with the fish. One no name SPS RTN'ed halfway through. both blasto and favia were halfway buried thanks to my pistol shrimp and goby. Jr. was worried since he couldn't Monsiuer. Kraboo (sally lightfoot). Found him this morning ok. Lionfish was able to eat one of the chromis during vacation. Might just use damsels instead since the lion can eat them faster. No problems with ATO knock on wood. I found that the tank used less RO while I was out compared with being at home. The place was about 74F when we got home. Wife is happy that we can go out for about a week with no problems. I just need to find out more automation so we can go out longer for vacations.

Back