Panel LEDs provide better spread, right? Today we test the Orphek Atlantik V4 Compact to find out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1586028978713.png
$770.00(3)= $2,310.00 for four foot coverage.
Never in a million years would I buy this garbage........

I would if I didn’t already invest in my Radions. Also, I have a news flash for you...you’re going to need the same amount of lights with any vendor. Those numbers are based on recommendations for maximum performance over an SPS reef with colonies.

I needed 4 Ai units over my old 48x30x24 and I needed 8 g4 pros over my 96x30x24 and still had shadowing issues.

I wish I could go back in time and buy these instead of all my radions. Orphek puts everyone else to shame in the LED world without a doubt... the color and pop they gives corals makes my radions look like happy meal toys.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek does it right. Never had nicer color and growth until I went Orphek

I couldn’t agree more, I hung a V4 over my existing tank with Radions (bought v4 for frag tank) and didn’t want to take it off. Literally blew me away, made me hate my Radions... I look at those new G5’s like they are kids toys. Eventually I’m going to replace my current hybrid setup with 8 Atlantik v4 compacts and 4 48 inch or2 blues.

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run T5's on my 120.
If I was to go Led I would buy the in a heartbeat.
Pricey yes! You really have to see them in person to appreciate them. Radions are nice and most led people use them in my area.
For me the 2k+ price tag was more than I wanted and went with a used T5 system.
Still am thinking of upgrading to them in the future.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had most of the brands mentioned over the last several years as I was never satisfied with them for one reason or another. Bought V4's when they came to BRS. Stopped looking after that. Will buy them for my new 180 also.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two v4’s (not compact) over my 4 1/2 ft long tank but 3ft deep.
I considered all other leading LEDs but once I saw a v4 over a tank it was a no brainer.

i run them at:
Ch1-40%
ch 2 &3-99%
Ch 4 - 85%
And I still get good growth.

SDM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 V4's for my 72Lx24Wx30D waiting for them to come in. Bad thing I am stuck in another country with this dang COVID19. I am having them shipped here where I am and will take them home with me once I get to go home.

Really missing my family now. Been stuck here since Feb 29th. Its now April 12th.

I plan on hanging them as I already have 2 Maxspect RSX 200's hanging over the tank. So I will just have to fabricate some aluminum brackets as I want them spread a little further apart then my current lighting. The cables will be a little bit of an angle, however when I purchased the hanging kit for the Max's I over engineered for them lol. No I didn't buy the Maxspect hanging kit.

I am thinking 6" gap from 1 end, have the 24" light, then 12" gap in the middle with another 24" light, and 6" gap on the other end.

Anyone else running these lights on a 6' tank?

I already have an APOGEE PAR meter so I will set the height with that, Hoping to get at least 100 to the bottom of the tank. My Max's could give me 55 to 70 on the bottom with the blues running at 100%, the PAR on top was off the hook, but cant get it deep enough without burning the corals up higher. It's a mixed reef, few SPS mainly LPS and few softies.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to replace my current hybrid T5/Radion G4 Pro setup with Atlantik V4 compacts and OR2 bars it's going to cost $7,850 I think I can get maybe $4,000 for my current setup. I have been thinking about this all weekend...ugh why does this hobby make me do crazy things with money. :(

I promised myself I would never upgrade before I needed to again. My T5's shut off at 6pm and my Radions drop to 2% at 7pm leaving my front two Oprhek blue plus light bars on for "effect" until 10pm and i'm just in awe with how the tank looks from 7-10 with basically just the Orphek bars.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to mount mine using aluminum C channel need to know if these can be removed and used for mounting?

I did just that , but mounted to the hood.

the points you have pointed out are as strong as the 4 middle screws

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS how many of the full size Orpheks would BRS recommend over an 8’ tank for SPS dominant?

We will be retesting these larger panels in the coming months! My gut tells me 4-5x larger Orpheks will light that type and size of tank, but it's really a blind guess until I see some baseline numbers. In the meantime, Ryan did do some testing on the Orphek quite a while ago that shows some of the PAR numbers at set mounting heights that might be worth checking out until we can re-do that test with our new light testing approach!

Back