PAR Correction Factors for Specific LEDs

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I haven't missed seeing this info. @Nano sapiens contacted me about LED spectral data and I sent him info I have, which in turn was sent to Apogee Instruments. They will advise about correction factors for their PAR sensors when measuring individual LEDs (violet, Royal LED, etc.) This is Nanos show, and I'm not trying to steal his thunder. I'm just the data guy.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I haven't missed seeing this info. @Nano sapiens contacted me about LED spectral data and I sent him info I have, which in turn was sent to Apogee Instruments. They will advise about correction factors for their PAR sensors when measuring individual LEDs (violet, Royal LED, etc.) This is Nanos show, and I'm not trying to steal his thunder. I'm just the data guy.

Hi Dana! No worries about stealing any thunder :). I'm just very happy that you provided the spectrum data so that this information could be made available via the Apogee website (https://www.apogeeinstruments.com/quantum-par-sensor-spectral-error-estimation-tool/). *At the time of this writing, the spectral info has not yet been uploaded to the site.

This all came about as I was contemplating if I could take observed PAR readings for specific wavelengths in an LED array and input them into the SPECTRA tool (http://spectra.1023world.net/) to essentially build an accurate spectrum graphically 'from the ground up'. To do this properly with a SQ-120 quantum sensor, the individual wavelength's 'correction factors' are required. Apogee had some, but they needed a bunch more (especially in the violet/hyper-violet range).

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back