PAR measurements on ABI tuna blue bulb?

LordJoshaeus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one;

My question is, has anyone measured the PAR values from this bulb (or its 23 watt sibling)? Would it work for a 5 gallon with less demanding corals and macroalgae? I still desire PAR levels in the range of 50-100 at substrate level. Thanks :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for you lighting guys

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see the picture, I never use it.
But from what I see on amazon, it look like it's more for hard coral then macro algae.

Macro algae have a tendency to like "white" spectrum if I may say but it doesn't mean it won't grow.
It's a light that 4 years ago I wanted for one of my pico also, curious to know the PAR also if anyone know it.

PocketClam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to necropost, my own experience is that the 12W can deliver about 70 PAR to the bare-bottom of 10" deep tank (9" from center), when mounted about 13-15" off the water.
Tested with a local's PAR meter.

Here's another forum post from a while back with about the only charting and graph on the web regarding these bulbs. IIRC one of the lighting guru's measured PUR output at around 80% of what's produced total. The bulbs also have a reputation for burning animals if you're not careful and I've bleached a disco and a chalice under it myself.

Edit: Found the PUR Thread

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back