PAR Meter Set Up and Use Instructional Videos?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any videos that give exact settings for the meters that you all sell and use for your videos? I have the SQ-520 Full Spectrum Quantum Smart Meter and looking thru the software and directions I think I got it right...and the numbers seem right... but I’d like to know for sure...
A quick breakdown of each meter and what light type they measure best along with the proper settings would be great! Heck, I’d be happy with written setup guide for Reef intended measurements on each meter or at least the more popular meters. I can find threads here and there but with the recent lighting series I’d really like to know which meter and settings you are using.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old Apogee PAR meter. There is nothing to it. Turn it on, set the photo sensor where you want it and read the PAR. Apogee did announce that the meter I have reads blue leds about 10% lower than actual. So if I need a REALLY accurate reading, I read just the blue channel and bump it by 10%, then read the white channel and add it to the blue with the 10% bump. But I almost never ever need to be that specific.

Maybe some of the newer PAR meters have more bells and whistles?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really isn't much to it. Like @Ron Reefman mentioned, most meters are just plug and play. Some do over or under report certain spectrum ranges slightly, but for our purposes, not enough to matter too much.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back