Par question for rock flower anemones?

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any idea what an ideal par setting for rfa is? Both of mine are doing alright, but I've noticed they scrunch up a ton during the day and when the lights go off they "come out" of the sand bed more.

Problem is all my other corals are really happy with the current lighting.

Should I love them to a shaded part of the tank where they still get some light but nor direct?

jpil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME they like everything from shade to directly being blasted with light and they will move if they are not happy

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME they like everything from shade to directly being blasted with light and they will move if they are not happy
Yeah think I'm going to leave them for now. I don't want to de foot them and cause other issues. Just sucks to see them all scrunched up instead of open.

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them, and what light do you have? Do they all exhibit this behaviour? Are they both in the same spot or scattered around? Do you have pics of them open and closed? What are your N and P levels.

As some one else said, they'll move if they need to and are usually very hardy so i wouldnt change your lighting if everything else is happy. Could be nutrient related. I had them close for a period when my N hit 0.

Back