Par readings 8 bulb sunpower with seneye

Phillyd1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got around to taking par readings under the new fixture and I was wondering if they seem accurate. I used the seneye. Since I put this fixture up over 3 weeks ago my torch and some of my zone dont fully open up. I'm wondering if the light is too much for them
20181007_145844.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size (Length) is that fixture?

And yea, it could be a bit much or they are adjusting.
My frogspawn didnt like the higher pars.

OP
OP
Phillyd1990

Phillyd1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size (Length) is that fixture?

And yea, it could be a bit much or they are adjusting.
My frogspawn didnt like the higher pars.
It's a 48"..surprisingly my frogspawn which I got and was completely bleached is doing fine at 200. Its just the torch that is the problem.
I'm pretty sure the WWC video in the torch flow poll thread said they like something like 50-75-100 par and at most 200 par for their torches
Yea I decided to move it kind of one of the over hangs where it's more shaded to see if it will help

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe these lights have two channels, Consider running only one channel normally with the second one midday for just about 2 0r 3 hours. Your lights are good for when you get around to high demand sps, but way more than needed for most other corals. If you cut your light in half you have enough for what's in your tank. Plus upping them to full for midday will get them used to used the high PAR when you will need it

fwiw, I run my leds maxed out at 75% for only three hours midday. I started at 50% 6 months ago. eventually I'll get to 100% but for now it is an offset since I run a long photo period so I can enjoy the tank when I get home from work.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back