PAR readings for Red Sea Max 250?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an original red sea max 250 with the T5 hood. Does anyone have a link to PAR output for this setup? This tank is old. Someone MUST have a par map for one somewhere, right?

tattooed reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an original red sea max 250 with the T5 hood. Does anyone have a link to PAR output for this setup? This tank is old. Someone MUST have a par map for one somewhere, right?
I have a 2013 max 250 that is up and running great . Have lps,sps and some softies in the tank . I should have my Felix smart with renamed seneye reef meter next week , I'm going to do par readings and will post what they are. I love the look of t5's and don't really want to change it to led set-up . That will depend on par readings if I change or not .

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! Looking forward to seeing some numbers.
I like my T5's also. Added a reefbrite actinic strip for the shimmer and coral pop. Really liking how it turned out!
Got a spot ready for some more SPS and hoping the PAR range will be right for it.

tattooed reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What bulb combination are you running ? I have ati blue plus , purple plus, aqua blue special , coralife actinic ,coralife 10k , and wave point coral wave

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put in all ATI bulbs.
3x blue plus, 2x actinic, 1x coral plus.
I was running 2 blue plus, 2 actinic, 2 coral plus, but I like the extra coral pop I get with the 3rd BP. Its not overly Windex blue either.

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2013 max 250 that is up and running great . Have lps,sps and some softies in the tank . I should have my Felix smart with renamed seneye reef meter next week , I'm going to do par readings and will post what they are. I love the look of t5's and don't really want to change it to led set-up . That will depend on par readings if I change or not .

Any updates on this?

tattooed reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it doesn't tell me you posted a reply .I took my old ati bulbs out and I checked par before I did it was 350 par just below water surface and 100 par on sandbed . I had trouble getting My ati bulbs soon so I replaced them with wavepoint bulbs . Running 3 super blue bulbs , 1 coral wave , 1 reef wave total of 5 bulbs since I don't need all 6 running . 550 par just below water surface , 160 par on sandbed .

tattooed reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Middle of tank roughly 10" down I didn't measure it there , I have coral at 14" down and it was around 200 par. I'm going to add more rock scape hopefully next week and I can take some more par readings .

Dropped

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id be keen to know a few par levels with 6 bulbs if possible.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back