PAR Readings from Sunpower

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by cgaubuchon, Dec 1, 2015.

1. cgaubuchon

cgaubuchon Active Member

I was wondering if you had a graph similar to below (for Powermodule) but for the Sunpower. I am trying to avoid buying a PAR meter and don't have access to one in my area to borrow but want to get a ball park idea as to PAR levels my lights are outputting.

Powermodule graph:
    [​IMG]

Ideally, I would be looking for a graph that is based on the ATI bulb combinations for the 36" 8x39 fixture.

Much appreciated!

Tags:

2. Addicted2ACRO's

Addicted2ACRO's Well-Known Member

Check out Bulk Reef Supply videos on their website

3. cgaubuchon

cgaubuchon Active Member

Any specific one you are talking about? I have watched most of the BRS ones and I dont remember every seeing this graph for an ATI 8 bulb fixture from them.

4. Sabellafella

Sabellafella Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Screenshot_2015-11-29-02-29-47.png Screenshot_2015-10-08-22-49-34.png Dude theres like a billion graphs heres an idea

Dwb5 and twilliard like this.
  5. Sabellafella

Sabellafella Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

The first pic is an 8bulb

6. Addicted2ACRO's

Thanks Sabellafella for the PAR comparisons. It just so happens I will be getting my ATI Sunpower 60" 8x80w T5 fixture in a couple of weeks. There coming into ATI from Germany this Friday. They were sold out on both, the 60" 6x80w and the 8x80w models. I'm currently running Gen2 Radion Pros and I'm not happy with the results. The T5's have a must better and consistent spectrum than LED's. I have 3 friends that get the most awesome colors out of their corals and they attribute it to the T5 bulbs

7. Sabellafella

Get a reefbrites with it there actinic blue is prob the best looking sup led out there, the prob with any gen radion is they are so powerful everyone comes into this hobby thinking its ok meanwhile it took me sence 2013 till now to figure out how to use them correctly, i would bleach corals moving them an inch from a frag wrack, nd i feel the par reading that come from it arent rite my.2

8. Sabellafella

Save those gen 2s because i a year from now youll b sane enuff to gutout 2 bulbs and retrofit them into it

9. cgaubuchon

cgaubuchon Active Member

Where did that first image come from comparing the 8x39 with the 8x80? Been looking for that and would like to read the thread a bit.

Also, FWIW, those are power modules with LEDs, which means they have a different output than the Sunpowers.

10. Sabellafella

The first image wad the brs video 56 weeks of reefing t5, the pm gives off almost the same amount of par as the sunpowet, it also depends on flow and water clarity and height of the fixture, no matter what ati fixture u got with about 9 inches above waterlevel you get 500 6 inches down, sandbed is always 200 for me

11. nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody Valuable Member

Tagging

12. Sabellafella

Just look for sunpower par in google ,and youll find them some test lifespan of bulbs, breakins, afterbreakin, bulb combos its all there

13. Addicted2ACRO's

Funny you should mention the Reefbrites. I have a set of 5ft. Blues that I plan on adding as a supplement to my T5's

14. Sabellafella

If i could get a picture of what they look like with t5s youll be sold

15. Akida17th

Akida17th Well-Known Member

On my ATI sunpower 8 bulb 24 watt I was around 400 par 8 inches below light. Wasn't impressed by the output really but the higher wattage bulbs pack much more of a punch. Moved on to Giesemann Infiniti and now my par is around 900 8" below light with 250w de Phoenix bulb.

16. Sabellafella

36 watt and above are the most par given units

17. swk

swk Well-Known Member

My 6x54 gives me 300 on the sandbed on a standard 75 gal!

Sabellafella likes this.
  18. Sabellafella

How highs your tank and how high is the fixture off the water may i ask?

19. swk

swk Well-Known Member

Fixture is about 7.5" off the frame and the tank is a standard 4' 75 gal, so either 18 or 20"...I can't remember exactly.

20. Sabellafella

Lol sound about right my fixture to sand bed is about 30 inches nd have about 250 280

Draft saved Draft deleted