ParaGuard

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it good to use for ick and fluke in a marine fish only aquarium, and opinion is it better than Cooper ?
Thanks for any input.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is it good to use for ick and fluke in a marine fish only aquarium, and opinion is it better than Cooper ?
Thanks for any input.
While paraguard is universal, I’ve found it to becc CC weak and/or in some cases ineffective opposed to ruby rally pro and coppersafe as well as formalin

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you're asking about safety in a display tank FOWLER - I would go with the Ruby product. I would not use copper safe or formalin in a display tank (in fact - the directions for the Ruby product suggest treatment in a hospital tank) - so thats what I would recommend

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're asking about safety in a display tank FOWLER - I would go with the Ruby product. I would not use copper safe or formalin in a display tank (in fact - the directions for the Ruby product suggest treatment in a hospital tank) - so thats what I would recommend

I agree.

I used Ruby Rally Pro in my display tank once full of fish and corals and I'll never do it again. All of my corals were ticked off and some didn't reopen for over a month.... and the Ruby Rally Pro didn't even end up working for ICH, so I had to catch all my fish and transfer them to a QT tank and treat them with copper anyway.

Now I would only use Rally in a bath or QT/hospital tank setting, and only for something that copper won't treat.

I'd use Prazi for the flukes.

If the fish have Ich and flukes, I'd do 30 days in copper, along with prazi treatments every 7-9 days throughout.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for any input.

Paraguard is apparently an aldehyde and malachite green. I have not had good results with it for treating flukes, marine ich or velvet. I do use it for freshwater fish protozoan diseases. It *could* serve some purpose for treating Brooklynella (that does NOT respond well to copper). I don't have enough of a history with it to say for certain though.

I prefer coppersafe for marine protozoans (except Brook) and then hyposalinity or praziquantel for flukes.

Jay

OP
OP
P

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paraguard is apparently an aldehyde and malachite green. I have not had good results with it for treating flukes, marine ich or velvet. I do use it for freshwater fish protozoan diseases. It *could* serve some purpose for treating Brooklynella (that does NOT respond well to copper). I don't have enough of a history with it to say for certain though.

I prefer coppersafe for marine protozoans (except Brook) and then hyposalinity or praziquantel for flukes.

Jay
Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back