Part C Dosing Frequency?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus, do you recommend dosing this at the same frequency as 2 part?

Currently running BRS Balling Hybrid which calls for dosing twice the volume daily of Part C of the other 2. Wondering if I can do this once or a couple times a day or continue with the same hourly frequency that my Cal and Alk dose.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus, do you recommend dosing this at the same frequency as 2 part?

Currently running BRS Balling Hybrid which calls for dosing twice the volume daily of Part C of the other 2. Wondering if I can do this once or a couple times a day or continue with the same hourly frequency that my Cal and Alk dose.
The reason the BRS formula calls for twice as much Part C in relation to alkalinity is that the true Balling Method uses sodium bicarbonate and the BRS version uses sodium carbonate. You can dose any of these at whatever frequency you would like. The dose can go in all at once, or it can be broken up through out the day. It doesn't matter very much at all.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason the BRS formula calls for twice as much Part C in relation to alkalinity is that the true Balling Method uses sodium bicarbonate and the BRS version uses sodium carbonate. You can dose any of these at whatever frequency you would like. The dose can go in all at once, or it can be broken up through out the day. It doesn't matter very much at all.

Thank you for such a speedy reply!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back