OP
C

Crustoceous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually yes, thanks for asking. This was a picture I took on Sunday, he seems to be doing even better. A lot of the tissue that was missing is starting to grow back, and yesterday I noticed the beginnings of mantel color on the very bottom. Still reacting normally, and color is great.

IMG_0914.jpg

OP
OP
C

Crustoceous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it’s been about three months and the clam is doing great! He’s grown back a significant portion that was eaten. It’s still too early to tell if he will get back to 100% but he’s definitely thriving! The offending crab is still in the sump with a life sentence without the possibility of parole... but he’s happy too.

7CD40D07-038A-4199-804C-4F8BE2398013.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That got to be a predatory crab that almost got him. Did you flush that crab? It does not deserve to go back to the LFS or sump (maybe to a large wrasse or trigger tank)

OP
OP
C

Crustoceous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That got to be a predatory crab that almost got him. Did you flush that crab? It does not deserve to go back to the LFS or sump (maybe to a large wrasse or trigger tank)
No, didn’t have the heart to off him. He went in the sump and forever will remain. He’s very productive in there with some snails and doesn’t go after them. I think he just got bored or confused one day because he left the clam alone, he actually did a good job of cleaning algae off the clam’s shell.

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it’s been about three months and the clam is doing great! He’s grown back a significant portion that was eaten. It’s still too early to tell if he will get back to 100% but he’s definitely thriving! The offending crab is still in the sump with a life sentence without the possibility of parole... but he’s happy too.

7CD40D07-038A-4199-804C-4F8BE2398013.jpeg
Awesome to see your clam is doing well! I expect it will take several more months for a full recovery, but certainly he's on the way!
bsa

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the clam took a bad turn for some unknown reason and looked very sickly for about a week, and then one night the cleanup crew did what they do. I guess you never know with these things.

So sorry to hear that! It was doing so well after the attack!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back