Partner Member Red Sea 525 XL

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I've had my best tanks with t5 only(ATI)... but that's just not in the budget. I like the fact that MH/T5 are both great lights and would love to see them together. After looking through @Broadfield build thread I really wanted the same light fixture. If I stay with what i'm using I need to get the larger Aquatic life and atleast one more radion. I already have a buyer lined up for the two I have so I plan to try something different. The tank is 60", so I figure I can get away with a 48" fixture and use the outsides for some LPS/Softies.
Heard the guy that’s buying those LEDs is a pretty cool dude! :cool:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/gilroy-425g-build-thread-all-apex-all-the-time.198797/

This is Terence’s build from Neptune... it’s huge (the thread lol) and so is his tank! However he started out with some MH that we’re dimmable somewhat... might be an option to consider

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
z1ajrx.jpg

OP
OP
reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all, this is literally the first time I've won something in a drawing. Surreal...

Still on the hunt for the light that I want, but also going to start looking into DIY ideas. I prefer to build a canopy anyways, but would rather mount a light inside it than build the entire unit. Just need to talk @Broadfield into selling me his light :)

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giesemann Germany replied to my inquiry and stated they had the light I have been looking for. Just waiting to hear more from them and Rev on the tank.
Never seen one operating in person but have always heard good things about Giesemann... German engineering always top notch. Hope you get good info from Rev soon!

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen one operating in person but have always heard good things about Giesemann... German engineering always top notch. Hope you get good info from Rev soon!
Check out Broadfield's tank. I tagged him earlier. I'm trying to get that exact light.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scratch the above statement. I ended up going a different route. After reading a few threads I found another 48" MH/t5 combo going around. After some research and finding a deal I really couldn't pass up I settle on the Hamilton Cebu Sun 48" 2 x 250w Radiums and 4 x 54w t5 (bulbs tbd).

Now to find a skimmer at a decent price. Still debating in my head if i'll be going with the WAV for flow. I like the price and see some good results.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Equipment update:
Reefer XL 525
Hamilton Cebu Sun 2 x 250w Radiums MH & 4 x 54w T5 (four blue plus)
2 x XF250 Gyre's with controller (somehow changed my mind from WAV)
I have a Jebao DCT 15000 (3954gph) in my mixing station and a 6000 on my current tank, which may be enough. I'll be generating most the flow with the gyre's.
Finnex Heaters - 1 x 300w & 1 x 200w

Needs:
More rock - debating carib sea???
Skimmer - hoping someone lists one for sale on here (i'm already working on my excuses for the gyres on the cc bill)
Fuge light -
I'm not sure the return on the 525, but i'd like to have it split into two RFG. I have a 1" RFG at the house that I bought on accident. Not sure it will fit or can be made to fit. (@mta_morrow any input? I know you have a 525. Also on next part)

Also need to look up inside dimensions of the tank to get a piece of starboard in the works.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Equipment update:
Reefer XL 525
Hamilton Cebu Sun 2 x 250w Radiums MH & 4 x 54w T5 (four blue plus)
2 x XF250 Gyre's with controller (somehow changed my mind from WAV)
I have a Jebao DCT 15000 (3954gph) in my mixing station and a 6000 on my current tank, which may be enough. I'll be generating most the flow with the gyre's.
Finnex Heaters - 1 x 300w & 1 x 200w

Needs:
More rock - debating carib sea???
Skimmer - hoping someone lists one for sale on here (i'm already working on my excuses for the gyres on the cc bill)
Fuge light -
I'm not sure the return on the 525, but i'd like to have it split into two RFG. I have a 1" RFG at the house that I bought on accident. Not sure it will fit or can be made to fit. (@mta_morrow any input? I know you have a 525. Also on next part)

Also need to look up inside dimensions of the tank to get a piece of starboard in the works.
The 1" will not fit......to big. I purchased a 3/4 "Y" and an adapter from Vivid Creative Aquatics (makes the RFG's) that fits the stock return outlet (stock nozzle gets removed). They may have an adaptor to 1"...….They make a lot of stuff.

I'm upsizing my return pump soon and will be adding 2 RFG's and a little loc line as I want to mix up the flow of my 2 gyres.

I can provide pics or details if needed......just let me know!

Last edited:
OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 1" will not fit......to big. I purchased a 3/4 "Y" and an adapter from Vivid Creative Aquatics (makes the RFG's) that fits the stock return outlet (stock nozzle gets removed). They may have an adaptor to 1"...….They make a lot of stuff.

I'm upsizing my return pump soon and will be adding 2 RFG's and a little loc line as I want to mix up the flow of my 2 gyres.

I can provide pics or details if needed......just let me know!

if you have links to what you picked up from vivid that would be awesome... i'll keep it simple and sell or give someone the 1" I think I saw where you had wrapped Teflon around the adaptor?

Congratulations.... I was asking myself about your build thread with your new tank and here we go.... Following along...Maybe I'm the next winner...LOL :):)

Oh yes... as soon as I was done running around like a maniac I immediately started planning lol

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have links to what you picked up from vivid that would be awesome... i'll keep it simple and sell or give someone the 1" I think I saw where you had wrapped Teflon around the adaptor?

Oh yes... as soon as I was done running around like a maniac I immediately started planning lol
I will find the links and refresh my memory on the installation. May be this evening if that’s ok?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back