OP
reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay got a couple coats of killz on the soon to be canopy tonight. To my surprise my starboard was also delivered. Measured and cut out for the overflow box.

The more I work in the tank the more I realize that I will be to come up with a way to raise and lower my light. I have it to where I think it will be 8in above the water line and it will be hot. Anyone know of any threads with diy hanging lights that can be raised and lowered?

All said, I'm hoping to get it wet this weekend. Any issues with filling it with rodi and mixing the salt in after if no leaks? Never done that way before and dont want to cause issues with pumps.
20181127_201730.jpeg
20181127_203237.jpeg

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how do I tag reef squad?

Plan was to move into new tank this weekend, but seems I've run into a cyano? Issue... should I move anyways and do a few days of no light or should I get these rocks into a brute can of saltwater with no light for a few days? Tank is four months old, cant get phos to show up on red sea test kit or nitrate. Have water test at Triton, waiting for results. 0 TDS on Rodi. No reactors, just a skimmer rolling. Three mp10s in 40 breeder so plenty of flow.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how do I tag reef squad?

Plan was to move into new tank this weekend, but seems I've run into a cyano? Issue... should I move anyways and do a few days of no light or should I get these rocks into a brute can of saltwater with no light for a few days? Tank is four months old, cant get phos to show up on red sea test kit or nitrate. Have water test at Triton, waiting for results. 0 TDS on Rodi. No reactors, just a skimmer rolling. Three mp10s in 40 breeder so plenty of flow.
#reefsquad ;)

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad

I was hoping for some quick answers, but no worries, people have lives to attend too!! That said I'm going to clean off the rock and go into the new tank with it. I'll do a 3-5 day lights out (only fish will be confused) and then see what happens. Perhaps it is just the new tank uglies that I've never experienced. Be interesting to get water test back in a few days.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an overwhelming cyano problem a year or so ago, which was knocked back pretty well with a 3-day blackout. I had corals in the tank, so didn't want to go five. There are different varieties of cyano though, so YMMV.

~Bruce

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made good progress today. Tank is just below the overflow and will remain there tonight. Have to heaters working and the gyres moving water around. Moved rodi to basement and should have what I need to finished filling in the AM. Then to mix up some salt and finish aquascape with rocks from my old tank. Excited!

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made good progress today. Tank is just below the overflow and will remain there tonight. Have to heaters working and the gyres moving water around. Moved rodi to basement and should have what I need to finished filling in the AM. Then to mix up some salt and finish aquascape with rocks from my old tank. Excited!

Looking good! Can’t wait to see the final aquascape!

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is where it rests. Fish and few frags i had are in. I rushed into the corals so I dont have high expectations. This will be much slower. Start picking out remaining fish and some softies lps for the bottom areas. Sticks will come in when I feel the tank is through whatever comes at me in the next few months.

Having an issue with my light as the left mh doesnt work all the time. Good thing my coral is minimal. Will dissect that this week. Gyre programming tonight and resting. Will need to upgrade my return pump to get more out of the rfg's. Otherwise I love this tank.
20181202_175804.jpeg

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is where it rests. Fish and few frags i had are in. I rushed into the corals so I dont have high expectations. This will be much slower. Start picking out remaining fish and some softies lps for the bottom areas. Sticks will come in when I feel the tank is through whatever comes at me in the next few months.

Having an issue with my light as the left mh doesnt work all the time. Good thing my coral is minimal. Will dissect that this week. Gyre programming tonight and resting. Will need to upgrade my return pump to get more out of the rfg's. Otherwise I love this tank.
20181202_175804.jpeg

Looking good! Congrats on the win!

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back